12-Why

A/n: Warning this contains mature and possibly triggering events very early in this chapter and affects the whole chapter.

Shizuo's POV

I got up making pancakes for me and Izzy. It surprised me when I didn't see her for a couple of days. But she's kind of aloof, like a cat. I smiled while I stacked them on our plates. Three for me and two for her. I put butter and syrup on both and sat them on the table.

I called out, "Izzy come on, I made breakfast." I noticed Izzy come out and up the hall. Her eyes were slightly puffy and the tip of her nose was red. She came and sat in her chair, "I'm here, I'm here." She offered me a weak smile.

I said, "Izzy are you okay? Are you sick?" She said, "Yeah, maybe a little bit." I said, "Then stay home." I sat the food down in front of her then sat down with mine. We ate in silence. There wasn't a word said. Her smile constantly dropped to a frown. I guess she doesn't feel good cause she's sick.

I stood up and placed our plates in the sink. I walked to the door then turned back to her and smiled, "Bye Izzy. I'll see you after work, okay?" She held a light sad smile, "Bye Shizuo." Why do I feel weird? Maybe I should stay home. I said, "Wait, Izzy will you be okay?" She held her smile and with that I walked out the door.

Izzy's POV (The mature part)

I watched the door close. I'm only sick in the head. I sighed and stood up stretching. I can't really handle anything. I just can't. I'm so dirty now. I'm disgusting. Did he notice? No, he couldn't have. Right? I walked down the hall into the bathroom locking the door behind me. I grabbed a simple razor from under the sink and broke it apart.

I turned on the tub to be scalding and got in. I maliciously scrubbed my body like I did last night. I'm so dirty. I grabbed the blade. I sliced at my thighs as the tub filled. Eventually the tub was almost full and I turned off the water. I looked down at the orange-like water. It seems like time paused so I didn't know who long I was in there.

When was the last time I did this? High school right? I did that then too. But this time Izaya isn't here. He can't find me. I sliced upwards on my left arm opening the vein. I'm done, I can't. Then I got out of the tub and dried of with a white towel that was slowly turning red.

I ignored underwear and only put on black shorts and a grey tank top. My dark red hair meet me when I looked at the mirror. I then noticed the bright red blood dripping from my left arm and thighs. What if this doesn't do the trick? I sighed then stared at myself in the mirror. I forced myself into a weak pitiful smile. It'll be over, no more.

I said to the mirror, "As soon as it's over there will be peace. No Hana or Jomi it'll just be me. Cause I'm the end it's always me." I took in a deep breath, "And in the end this is my decision to make. I'm definitely an adult now." The voice in my head said, 'But that would make Shizuo and Izaya sad.'

I laughed a little, "Izaya hates me. Shizuo... he-he just takes pity on me." My mind responded, 'But don't you love him giving you attention? You love him don't you?' I sighed and stared down at the sink, "I love him... Yeah. But in the end he'll leave and it'll just be me." My vision started to blur.

My mind called, 'Tell him. Don't let what those guys did to you bring you down!' I stared in the mirror and saw one clear me and two blurry others. I smiled, "Okay. But I'm gone." I lightly giggled, "Bye-bye." I tried to lift my left arm up but it was heavy as steel. I stared at the mirror, A glass wall to him... But a steel wall for me.

I felt my body start to fall back but then knew nothing else as everything went black. I mumbled, "Bye cruel world." Then numbness met me and I couldn't move or feel a thing.

--30 mins later--

Shizuo's POV

I walked in the front door. This feels different. I closed the door and walked down the hall and headed into Izzy's room. I looked around and couldn't find her. I shrugged my shoulders and tried the bathroom door, it was locked.

I called out, "Izzy." I waited a moment but heard no response. Did she fall asleep in the bath? I shook my head, "That's not like her." I pounded on the door, "Izzy! Hey Izzy!" And I slightly pounded harder and the door went crashing in, "dämn it."

Then I actually saw in the room. The tub was full of orange water. But the biggest thing was Izzy lying on the floor. Her hair covering he face. A major gash into her arm bleeding as well as her thighs. My mind momentarily went blank as I stared down at her. Then the reality sank in.

I grasped her pulling her to where she was sitting up. Her body was limp and heavier. I said, "I-Izzy?" Tears started running down my face. I opened the drawer pulling out a towel and throwing it on her body. I picked her up and her head fell back until I readjusted her and it moved to my chest.

I left the bathroom and ran out the front door slamming it behind me. My thoughts became blurry as I ran towards Shinra's. It felt like each minute took an hour. I pounded on the door till it broke. I saw Shinra standing in the middle of the room. He said, "Why did you break my door down at 7pm?" I pulled the towel away from Izzy and it fell to the floor.

Shinra's eyes widened, "Get her into my treatment room stat." We both rushed into the room and I couldn't stop my tears from flowing. He watched me lay her down. Shinra immediately put a oxygen mask on her. He then ran to a drawer pulling stuff out and leaving it open.

He immediately went to her arm, "Of course she went for a vein." He placed gauzes inside her arm making it less bloody. After pulling away the bloody gauzes he got to work stitching her arm up.

---2hrs later---

I sat in a chair at the foot of her bed slowly watching her chest rise and fall. Izzy... Why'd you go and do something like this? Didn't I... Did I not make you happy? Why? Why would you go and do this?!