A Little Spar

Later on, Kid Gohan was seen punching the air, practicing his combos on the roof of Adult Gohan and Videl's home. He didn't want to slack off on his training too much, he had to be ready in case of anything.

As he was training, he heard a familiar voice call him, "So, it's true, there is a younger form of you here."

Gohan recognized that voice, he turned around to see someone he was always more than happy to see, "Mr. Piccolo!"

Piccolo landed on the roof, "Gohan, good to see you, though I didn't expect to see you like this, I haven't seen this size in over ten years, really puts it into perspective how much you've grown."

Gohan nodded, though looked down in some sadness, "Though unfortunately it doesn't look like my strength has grown. How can I protect the ones I love if I'm not strong enough to do so?"

"Gohan, while it is a shame that you've given up on martial arts, that's not really such a bad thing. At least you made something of your life. You're a Great Scholar, something you've wanted to be since you were a child. You worked hard for that, so even if you hadn't been training to increase your power, you still did something incredible, we're still proud of what you went on to become in this world," Piccolo said.

Gohan looked at his fists, he clenched them tightly, thinking over what he's been told. "I get that, and I'm happy I can achieve something like that, but I just know I shouldn't have given up on fighting. I mean Destruction Gods? Pink Puffy Monsters? That Supreme Kai that used my dad's power to attack Trunks's future? Even Frieza came back, and he brought his army. I thought we saw the last of him on Namek! He even became Golden somehow!"

Piccolo sighed, "Yes, we still have problems from time to time, and yes some have been more dangerous than others, but your father and Vegeta have always found a way to save the day, and you did your best even during those tough times. You helped your father become a Super Saiyan God, he's reached a level that's beyond anyone's imagination."

"Still, I feel like I should be doing more, now I know when I go back to my time I'm gonna train twice as hard and prevent all these bad things from happening myself. I'm still gonna be a Great Scholar, but I also want to protect the ones I love," Gohan said.

Piccolo sighed, Gohan felt really strongly about this. He can't blame him, despite his kind nature, he's still part Saiyan, he does have that urge to get strong, even if he can control it a lot better than Goku or Vegeta thanks to his human side.

"Well kid, I'm sure you'll figure something out, but please remember this, don't try to be something you're not. Don't be ashamed of growing up like this Gohan, don't try to act like your father or Vegeta, remember to always be yourself," Piccolo said.

Gohan nodded, "I will, thank you Mr. Piccolo." Gohan bowed before his mentor, just like the old times.

"No problem kid, take it easy now," Piccolo said and flew off, leaving Gohan to his exercise.

A few minutes later, Videl came outside and looked up on the roof. "Gohan! Your parents are here!"

Gohan looked down to see Videl, "Alright, thanks! I'll be right down!" Gohan flew down to meet with Videl as the two went inside.

In the home, Adult Gohan is talking with Goku and Chi Chi about his academics.

"The professors are really impressed by my work, a local professor even wants me to be his assistant, I can finally get a decent job without moving too far away, so I can spend more time with Pan," Gohan said.

"I'm so proud of you Gohan, I knew you could do it, ever since you were a little boy I saw something special in you," Chi Chi said.

Gohan blushed a little, "I have you to thank for that mom, you did help me when I was younger, you pushed me pretty hard after all."