A Strong Battle

In the future of another timeline, Goku and Goten are training a little on the fields where Goku does his farming. As they sparred, Chi Chi came outside to call them.

"Goku! Goten! Food's ready!"

The two Saiyans stopped the moment they heard Chi Chi's words. They immediately rushed into the house to find a huge amount of food for them. They had big appetites, but luckily for them Chi Chi knew how to properly feed her Saiyan boys.

"Eat up, I have more if you're still hungry," Chi Chi said.

"Aw thanks Chi Chi, you're the best!" Goku said and started on his dinner.

"Thanks mom!" Goten said, also starting on his dinner.

Chi Chi wiped her head from exhaustion, feeding Saiyan boys wasn't easy, especially Goku. Goten and Gohan at least had better manners and an easier to please appetite. Despite that she didn't mind, she loves keeping them happy, and the best way to keep a Saiyan happy is with a full stomach.

Watching the two boys she started to miss her other boy, Gohan. While she's really happy for her oldest son, she misses having him around as much. She would have gladly let his wife and daughter move in if it meant her son could stay. But she knows that her son needs to make his own life and provide for his own family, and she's proud of the man he became.

She then remembered the other Gohan, the one that had briefly came from the past. It was the closest she got to having Gohan around again, and as a young boy. She forgot how adorable he looked at a younger age, and seeing him with Goten made her wonder if she should have tried having more kids sooner, Gohan really didn't have a lot of friends growing up, or rather friends his age, that were on the same planet as him.

She also remembered how tough it was for the other Gohan though, the fact that everyone made it seem like they cared more about the younger Gohan, because that was a Gohan more willing to train. She hated the fact that everyone made her son feel like his only value to them was his strength and not his intelligence. She is at least relieved to know that Gohan, both past and present, do care about their academics. As the younger one told her, he just wants to be strong enough to keep everyone he loves safe. She understands that, she just wishes he didn't feel that responsibility, it wasn't fair to him.

She again focused on Goku and Goten, then began to wonder. "Hey, Goku."

"Hm?" Goku focused on his wife, with food still in his mouth. "What is it?"

Chi Chi groaned, she hated when Goku talked with food in his mouth, but didn't feel like pointing it out at the moment. "Be honest, how do your friends view Gohan?"

"I don't get what you're saying," Goku said, his mouth not as full this time.

"Like do they like him for what he's good at? Or do they only care if he's strong or not?" Chi Chi asked.

Goku still looked kinda confused, "Um, I'm pretty sure they like Gohan for who he is, why?"

"Is this about the other Gohan? The little one?" Goten asked.

"Sort of, I mean you saw how this Gohan reacted to the younger one, even now it feels like something's bothering him," Chi Chi said.

"Don't worry too much, I'm sure everything will work out," Goku said in his usual carefree attitude.

Chi Chi gritted her teeth, "Goku! How can you be so calm about something like this!?"