The Androids Appear

Yamcha couldn't believe what he had been hearing so far. It sounds like Gohan's had quite the adventure this past week. He knows quite a bit about the androids, even knowing it's weaknesses.

"Gohan, did you go to The Future?" Yamcha asked.

Gohan nodded, "Yeah, I did. I went in that time machine that boy used."

"The one from three years ago?" Yamcha asked.

"The very same, though the future I went to wasn't his, but another version of ours," Gohan said.

Yamcha scratched his head in confusion, "Another version? What does that mean?"

"It's a long story, but I do know that defeating the Androids in this timeline won't save the timeline that boy's from, sad as that may be," Gohan admitted.

Yamcha looked to the android before him, "So this guy here, are you suggesting he's not the android we're suppose to worry about?"

"No, he never existed in the future that boy warned us about, at least not like this," Gohan said. "But he existed in another timeline, though not for another 3 weeks. I'm a little concerned he came early, but for now the only thing to do is to stop him here and now."

Gero backed away, feeling very worried for his plans. This boy apparently found a means of time travel, but how? How can the concept exist? To his knowledge it shouldn't exist. Then again since it's time travel, it likely exists in the future, but how was it made?

"Tell me boy, who created this time machine?" Gero asked.

"Bulma Briefs from Capsule Corporation," Gohan said.

"Bulma Briefs? So she's every bit the genius her father is, how meddlesome. No matter, once I unleash Numbers 17 and 18, you'll all be dealt with!" Gero said.

"You think we'll just let you?" Yamcha asked.

Gohan got into a stance, then suddenly he felt the ki from the others. "Wow, took them long enough, they should have been here already."

Krillin, Tien and Piccolo arrived at the area, each of them surprised to see Gohan having returned.

"Whoa! Gohan! You're back!" Krillin shouted in disbelief.

"Is that really you? Where did you go these last few days?" Piccolo asked, also in awe at seeing the return of his pupil.

"Yeah, we were worried about you," Tien said.

"Long story, our focus right now is this-" As Gohan was talking, Gero blasted the ground near them, surprising the fighters and escaping in the smoke.

Once it was clear again, Gohan looked around for the android scientist, "Damn! He's escaping!"

"That was one of the androids right!?" Krillin asked.

"Yeah, he came to town with another one, but he's been taken care of already," Yamcha said.

"Wow really? So there's only one left?" Krillin asked.

"For now," Gohan floated into the air. "But if we don't stop him, he might have more! Let's hurry!"

The warriors nodded and flew into the air after Gohan.