Convincing a God

Trunks had just explained everything to Beerus and Whis, getting a look of interest from Whis, and a look of annoyance from Beerus. The rest of the Son family had gathered, listening to Trunks explain, though feeling worried that Beerus might lose his temper at any moment. He has made it apparent many times that he doesn't care for the mortals breaking the rules of Time Travel, and it looks like they've been caught once again.

"So once again you mortals tampered with Time Travel, and once again you've caused your share of problems because of it," Beerus said, almost sounding like he's holding back more anger.

Trunks bowed in respect, "My apologies Lord Beerus, I left the Time Machine out in the open for, and my younger self and Goten began to play around in it. I take full responsibility."

Beerus scratched his chin, but to his and everyone else's surprise, Goten spoke up next.

"Please Mr. Lord Beerus, don't be too mad at Trunks, at least not this Trunks. It was my fault, I told the other Trunks the time machine looked cool, which gave him the idea of trying to use it," Goten said.

Beerus looked to Goten, thinking his actions over a little more. Once again, Future Trunks got his attention. "Don't be too mad at him. Granted he did something stupid, and I will get him back for it." Goten cringed at Future Trunks's glare. "But he's still a kid, he doesn't a punishment so grand, let me take the responsibility."

Goten again spoke, "But Big Trunks, he's already mad at you from before, and mommy always says I have to take responsibility for my actions, even if I don't like it."

"You're still a kid, I appreciate you being grown up about this but I need to accept this responsibility," Trunks said.

As the two half Saiyans argued back and forth, Beerus lost his patience and harshly shouted, "ENOUGH!" His scream was loud enough to send a shockwave, causing some objects to break, much to Adult Gohan's annoyance. The room went silent as Beerus looked around, first glaring at Trunks. "So this one here wants to take responsibility because his family made the time machine and he left it unattended." He then glared at Goten, "This one here wants to take responsibility because he used the machine and went through time when he shouldn't have." Beerus again thought, trying to figure out a decent solution. "I guess the answer's pretty obvious."

Everyone looked to Lord Beerus, anxiously awaiting his answer. He looked around with a cocky grin. "I'll just destroy them both."

That surprised everyone in the room, Goten and Trunks looked really concerned for what will happen next. Goku and Vegeta both looked ready to fight though, they won't allow even Lord Beerus to hurt their family, but before either could say anything to oppose Beerus, another parent beat him to it.

"What!?" Chi Chi shouted and stomped toward the God. "How can you say that about my Goten!? He's just a child!"

"So I should just punish that one?" Beerus said, pointing to Trunks.

"I'm not saying that either, he's not entirely at fault, and Goten just made a mistake, a mistake I already punished him for, so you can just stay away from him!" Chi Chi shouted.

Beerus growed a bit, "I don't appreciate your tone, maybe I should destroy you as well."

Goku once again looked ready for a fight, but this time another family member interrupted.

"Hey you!" Beerus heard from nearby. The God turned and saw an angry Kid Gohan. "Don't hurt my friends or family!"

Gohan's energy started to rise, anticipating a fight. Goku and Vegeta felt the energy, feeling a bit curious and remembering that this is when Gohan was nearing his peak in power. Granted it was nothing compared to Beerus, but it also reminded them that Gohan does have potential.