Alone?

You know that feeling you get when you know you're about to receive bad news even though it's supposed to be good news? Well, that's what I'm feeling now. Here we are the whole Mellark family plus James sitting around the dinner table in complete and utter silence, waiting for Rose to talk.

"So...Anyone going to talk or?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"Ok, so um you know how I applied for Panem University?" Rose mumbles.

"Yea?" I say, slurping more spaghetti into my mouth.

"Well I got in!!" Rose says excitedly, I immediately jump out of my chair and go to hug her whilst screaming;

"What! Oh my god Rose congratulations!"

"Well done sis!" Ashton yells happily, also coming to give Rose a hug.

"Go Roseta!" Rye chimes in getting in the line to hug Rose.

"Thanks!" She laughs happily and sits back down, James instantly putting his arm around her.

"Why are you making this seem like a bad thing? This is awesome!" I explain, putting more spaghetti in my mouth.

"Yea yea... I um, well ah... how do I put this... I'm um staying on campus." She mumbles and I freeze, please don't say what I think you're going to say.

"Cool!" Rye says, stuffing garlic bread in his mouth.

"That means I'm moving out." Rose tells him and he nods his head in understanding.

"What?" Ashton says, barely hearable.

"Yea..." Rose whispers.

"Like you're leaving and never coming back?" Ashton adds, I still sit there in my chair looking at nothing in particular, I feel my eyes start to sting with tears.

"No stupid! I'm living on campus and I'll come up on weekends and stuff" Rose tells him, laughing a little.

"Who are you moving in with?" Rye ask, taking more garlic bread.

"The gang..." She replies, eating some of her spaghetti.

"As in Teddy, Georgia and that?" Ashton adds.

"Yea." Rose says.

"What about you James you got in, you staying on campus?" Ashton ask.

"Yep." James replies.

"What happens after you finish uni?" Ashton ask, turning his attention to Rose.

"Well I move back here until I get my own place won't I." Rose says in an 'isnt it obvious' tone.

"Ok so you're staying on campus, living with your friends, and staying there for how long may I ask?" Ashton panics, actually starting to figure this whole thing out.

"It's a four year course so, four years but, I'll come back for holidays and breaks and stuff and also I'll come up on weekends." Rose tells him.

"Lit!" Rye yells out.

"You sound like you want me to leave!" Rose laughs.

"It's not like that Rosie I'm saying I'm happy for you and stuff." Rye says smiling.

"Oh well thank you." Rose replies smiling and pinching his cheeks.

"I can survive if you're not leaving forever." Ashton lightly smiles.

"I'm not." Rose tells him grabbing his hands and giving them a little squeeze.

"Then guess who living." Ashton laughs.