Interviews

I, Iris Mellark am about to go on TV, am I nervous? I'm terrified! But Mum and Dad told me everything is going to be ok and that they'll be right behind the curtain as soon as I finish.

"Oh Miss Mellark, how stunning you look! Please follow me, you're on in five minutes!" One of my prep team members ask me and I start to shake and feel my breathing getting heavier.

"Ok..." I stutter and I start to walk towards the door with her when my Mum puts a hand on my shoulder and forces me to stop.

"Hey..." She softly says, I always feel relaxed when Mum talks softly, it lets me know that I'll be ok.

"Yea?" I ask.

"You'll be fine. I promise." She smiles and I hug her and say;

"Yea." In response.

I follow my prep team towards the stage entrance and I feel as if I'm going to faint I'm that nervous.

"And now ladies and gentleman, the last time I spoke to a Mellark was when they were five years old man I feel old!"

There is a series of laughs and he continues.

"Please allow me to introduce for the first time ever, the very beautiful, very talented Iris Mellark!"

I hear a round of claps, wolf whistles and cheering so I smile, put on a brave face as my prep team usher me out on stage.

The claps and cheering get louder and I don't know why but all of a sudden I feel ok and start to enjoy the fact I'm on TV. My fake happiness becomes real. I don't know where my confidence comes from but I head to the front of the stage and run along it high fiving as many people as I can. Ok Iris, off to a good start.

I laugh and quickly hug Caesar before sitting down.

"My, my, my Miss Mellark you look absolutely stunning!" Caesar begins and I smile and blush in response.

"Oh don't flatter yourself Caesar, this audience is amazing! Hey guys!" I reply acknowledge the audience's presence as they truly are amazing! I'm only just making out the 'We love you Iris!' posters I don't know why they made them though, this is their first time meeting me.

"Can I start off by saying it is a pleasure to finally meet you, I've only met your older sister and boy she was a delight!" Caesar sates and I snicker at the thought of my sister being a delight, well... she is, it's just that she's like twenty now so she's an adult.

"Thank you so much for having me! As for my sister, well she's no longer a delight." I tell Caesar, laughing a little.

The audience laughs and Caesar joins them.

"You definitely inherited your Fathers' humour!" He says and I again snicker because that's not what my Dad says!

"Not to him I didn't, I'm his 'mini Katniss'." I laugh, imitating my Dads' voice the best I can.

"Oh how sweet!" Caesar says and reply with;

"You can say that Caesar."

"Getting serious for a minute, this is my first time meeting you so please tell me about yourself." He ask me and I smile and quickly about what to say.

"Well, I'm seventeen, I have three siblings, I go to Panem high, this year's actually my last year! I have a group of friends named the E-Girls my best friend is named Becca and yea... I basically live a normal life." I tell Caesar and he smiles and nods at everything I say.

"Wonderful! I do have to ask you this though, you are very beautiful and no doubt have guys lining up to be with you so tell me! Is there a special someone back home?" He ask me and I laugh and smile at his comment, Caesar is actually a very sweet guy!