The beginning of struggle

You went and sat on a log after getting  your things together, waiting for Wilson to come out of the tent. You waited patiently and happily. Wilson soon came out, fully dressed. He looked at you and sweetly smiled, soon coming over to you and gently kissing your cheek. His lips felt good, but he was starting to get a beard. You giggled because of his scruff, it tickled your cheeks. He patted his chest gently. "Why thank you Wilson." You giggle some more before smiling sweetly. ".... Maybe.... later tonight..... we can have some fun?" Wilson's eyes widened, fear hiding behind surprise. He smiled nervously and shook his head fast, staring at something behind you for a bit before looking back down at you. What was behind you....? "N no! No thank you. Maybe another time, let's take it slow." He smiled nervously. You felt a bit bad but nodded, wondering why on Earth he'd pass this up after trying to do it earlier. You sigh and stand up, before you begin to get cold. You shake, and in the distance, a bird flies to the ground. A bluebird. One of the birds for winter. Your eyes widen as the look at the sudden barren trees, you panic. Neither of you are ready for winter. Wilson notices too and panics. "Shit! Come on, we gotta go get some wool!" He grabs your hand, and you both run off to where he last remembered where the beefalo were.

After a cold journey of constantly lighting trees on fire, you finally find the Beefalo. But you were both low on health. How would you even get wool? Dusk began to fall and Wilson ran over to the beefalo, setting up a fire. He suddenly pulled out a razor, you curiously came over, sitting by the fire and trying to warm up. Wilson began delicately shaving the beefalo, and by morning, you both had new wool coats. With the new wool coats you both headed back to camp, then Wilson's stomach growled. He groaned and horror struck both of your faces. You had no food left.