Flesh Bud Curses

To speed things up, I used some parts from the manga instead of the anime. Yes, I read the manga, so I will be doing Part 6 when I get to it. Enjoy.

They walked through the gates of the house and they walked past a room to see Holly holding a picture to Jotaro's chest and saying;

"Jotaro's totally thinking about me at school right now! I felt like I had a connection with my son just now."

"I'm not thinking about you," Jotaro said, and Holly let out a scream in surprise and dropped the picture.

"Jotaro! Eleanor! Wh-What about school? And who is that? H-He's covered in blood! D-Don't tell me... you did that?"

"Don't worry about it, Mrs. Kujo," Eleanor said with a polite smile.  

"It's got nothing to do with you," Jotaro said as they walked away from the doorway. "I'm looking for the old man. Sucks having to find him in such a huge house."

"I think your grandfather's in the tea room, with Mr. Avdol," Holly called out after Jotaro and Eleanor.

"Oh Jotaro..." Holly thought to herself. "You won't tell me anything. Even though I... I... worry about you so much."

"But I know that," Holly said quietly to herself. "Deep down, you're a sweet boy."

"Hey," Jotaro said, turning to Holly from a ways away.

"Yes?" Holly said quickly.

"You look a little pale this morning. Are you alright?" 

Holly's eyes widened and she smiled before jumping out more out of the doorway and making a peace sign with her fingers.

"Yay! Fine, thank you!" 

Jotaro turned and continued to walk down the hall, Eleanor following him and smiling a bit. They walked into the tea room and found Joseph and Avdol, who quickly had Jotaro set Kakyoin on the ground.

"Well," Joseph said after examining Kakyoin. "This is no good. It's too late for him. He's not going to make it. He'll die in the next few days." Eleanor and Jotaro's eyes widened.

"What...?" Eleanor asked, a bit surprised.

"Eleanor, Jotaro, it's not your fault. Look. The reason this man swore loyalty to Dio and came to kill you... is right here!" 

Joseph moved back the hair on Kakyoin's forehead to reveal something that was right on his hairline. It looked like a spider made of flesh, and seemed to be alive and moving.

"What the hell is that?!" Jotaro asked, Eleanor's eyes widening.

"How did I not hear that before?" Eleanor thought.

"What is that spider-like growth?" Jotaro asked again. "You said that's the reason he swore loyalty to Dio?"

"That is a flesh bud," Avdol explained. "Formed from Dio's own cells. It connects to his brain. This tiny little flesh bud was implanted in his brain to influence his mind."

"In other words," Joseph continued. "That flesh bud is a controller that draws forth certain feelings. Charisma! That feeling that makes soldiers want to follow dictators! The feeling that makes true believers follow cult leaders! This young man admired Dio and swore loyalty to him! Dio is a charismatic figure, which means he can sway others with his overwhelming powers of attraction. He used that to order this young man, Kakyoin, to kill us."

"So operate on him and remove it," Jotaro said bluntly, talking about the flesh bud.

"The brain is very delicate," Joseph responded.