Long Journey Farewell, My Friends

Previously... 

The sound of sucking blood was heard, and when the dust settled, it was revealed that Dio was draining the blood of Joseph Joestar.

"That's right," Dio said. "It was my escape route to take the blood of Joseph Joestar!"

Dio stood, showing he was in full heath. The faint sound of Joseph's heavy breathing could still be heard, but barely.

"Dio, you bastard!" Jotaro exclaimed. 

"As I thought..." Dio mused with a grin. "Joseph's blood suits me very well. It suits this body so perfectly, my strength is recovering faster than ever before! It suits me..." Dio began scratching his scalp so hard it drew blood. "It truly suits me!" He laughed like a madman, Jotaro and Eleanor in shock. "This body belonged to Jonathan Joestar one hundred years ago. The blood I just drank was from his grandson, Joseph! And the one who allowed me to make it this far was you, Jotaro. The Joestar bloodline was mere dog shit on the road that is my destiny, just something lying in my way... But in the end, it appears that the Joestars are fated to be my tools."

Dio began laughing, and Jotaro started to approach. He suddenly stopped when he saw the spirit of Joseph leaving his body, like a pillar of smoke. 

"O-Old man," Jotaro breathed out. 

"No matter..." The spirit of Joseph warned. "No matter what Dio is about to do to my body down below, you must never get enraged and lose your cool, Jotaro. Don't worry about me anymore. This happened because it had to happen."

"Is this... the old man's soul?" Jotaro wondered. 

"I think so..." Eleanor said, also in awe. She could see Joseph's soul in her vision, tears coming to her eyes as she realized this was the first and last time she'd ever see Joseph Joestar. 

"Kakyoin solved the mystery of Dio's Stand," Joseph continued. "I relayed his message to you. If we had all fought Dio at once, we would have all perished instantly. You've become able to move a bit within stopped time. You have two or three seconds now... Use that time wisely. No matter what Dio does now, you mustn't get angry. If you fly into a rage and strike first, you'll only put yourself in a bad situation." Joseph paused and smiled. "Jotaro, Eleanor... This trip was truly fun, wasn't it? So much happened. I swear... These fifty days really were fun."

A purple glow flew into Eleanor's chest, and she knew she had inherited Hermit Purple. Joseph's soul disappeared in a bright light, the remaining Crusaders still looking up in awe.  That quickly came to an end. 

"Hey!" Dio called. "Where are you two looking?" 

He stabbed his fingers into Joseph's chest and began to drain him completely of his blood.  Joseph's body beginning to shrink and shrivel up, making him look like a husk. 

"B-Bastard..." Jotaro exclaimed, his anger about to burst from the seams. 

"Now he's just an empty shell!" Dio exclaimed, laughing. 

Jotaro clenched his fists and ran towards Dio. 

"Jotaro, wait!" Eleanor exclaimed, still remembering Joseph's words. 

"The old man said not to get angry, no matter what," Jotaro said. "But that's not possible. No one could stay calm after seeing that!" 

Eleanor ran to catch up with Jotaro, knowing that if he was going to throw himself into the ring, he'd need her help. 

"This is the final round!" Dio exclaimed, rushing forward to meet the Crusaders. 

Before they could collide, Jotaro and Eleanor jumped straight into the air, Dio following.