The High Priestess of the Sea

"Hey, can you drive this thing, Avdol?" Polnareff asked as the Egyptian took hold of the steering wheel of the submarine. 

"Tsk tsk. No problem," Avdol stated. 

"I can drive it, too!" Joseph exclaimed excitedly. 

"You're not driving this thing," Jotaro stated. "I'm not letting you crash us again."

"Hmph. My grandson is so harsh. Speaking of which, you should go talk to Eleanor. It's been thirty minutes and she still hasn't come out."

Jotaro glanced back towards the rooms and sighed, reluctantly standing and heading down the hall. It wasn't that he didn't want to talk to her, it was that he didn't know how she'd react, even if she had time to cool down. He knocked on the door. 

"Go away!" Eleanor called from the other side, Jotaro pausing. She sounded frustrated. 

"I'm coming in," he stated, opening the door and walking in anyways. 

She sat on the bed with her back to him, bandages scattered on the ground and the open wound on her shoulder still uncovered. Sensing she hadn't been able to tend to the wound herself he stepped forward, grabbing the bandages before sitting behind her and putting some disinfectant on the wound. Eleanor hissed and tensed, but didn't say a word. He bandaged the wound in silence, leaving a lingering touch once he finished.

"I'm sorry," he finally broke the silence. "It was wrong of me to think you would betray us after all we've been through."

"A relationship can't be built on lies," Eleanor whispered. 

"I know. It won't happen again, I trust you now." 

Eleanor didn't say anything for a moment before turning to face him. He noted the dried tear marks on her cheeks almost instantly. 

"Promise?" 

"Yes." 

She scooted forward and embraced him, his arms silently returning the embrace with a breath of relief. He feared for a moment she wouldn't forgive him, but that thought was now long gone. 

"I forgive you, Jotaro," she whispered. "I probably would've had the same thoughts if I was in your position. Can we just lay down for a while? I'm really tired from my battle with Cameo." 

In reply he shifted them both to lay across the bed, facing each other with their arms wrapped around one another. They fell asleep for a few hours before waking up to the sound of Polnareff banging on the door, exclaiming that they needed to come see the view. 

"Polnareff, I'm blind!" Eleanor exclaimed, Polnareff going silent.

"Jotaro, come on!" He called again and the couple sighed. 

"He's such a child," Eleanor muttered, Jotaro humming in agreement as they reluctantly stood and walked out. 

"There you two are," Joseph said. "Had some good rest? Feeling better?"

"Yes, a lot better," Eleanor said as she took a seat. 

"Wow..." Kakyoin said as he looked around. "I suppose this is to be expected of a pleasure cruiser for the wealthy. A refrigerator, coffee maker. Not to mention the latest in satellite phones."

"Wow!" Polnareff exclaimed. "Get me a drink, Kakyoin. I'm parched." 

"I'd like one too," Joseph stated as he headed towards the phone. 

"Allright," Kakyoin agreed. "Is Cola alright?" 

"Hey, old man," Jotaro spoke up. "What's the matter? You're just standing there."