Wheel of Fortune without a Road

"Soon we'll reach the Indo-Pakistani border... We'll be saying goodbye to India very soon," Kakyoin said as they drove, Eleanor leaning against Joseph's shoulder in the back as she slept, Kakyoin now sitting in the front.

"Indeed," Joseph said. "At first I wondered what kind of country we'd walked into, but now I miss the hustle and bustle of Calcutta, and the rushing waters of the Ganges." 

Jotaro hummed, almost as if in agreement.

"I'll be coming back again, so I can make Avdol a proper grave," Polnareff said as he drove, the others just looking out the window in silence.

"Mr. Avdol..." Kakyoin whispered in remembrance, Eleanor's eyes fluttering open at that moment.

"The road's getting narrower," Polnareff observed, Eleanor's eyes fully opening and listening to her surroundings. 

Waking up was always odd for Eleanor. Even after all these years, she opened her eyes when she woke up because every night she prayed she'd be able to see the next morning. She was always disappointed when she woke up in darkness, yet again. These past few weeks she had been keeping her eyes open to spot potential enemy Stands, but a hundred years ago she did it so people wouldn't question how she was able to walk around perfectly with her eyes closed. 

They looked ahead to see a rickety red car in front of them, the car kicking up dust and dirt, some getting into the car through Polnareff's open window. 

"Nice to see you finally awake," Joseph joked to Eleanor as she shifted. 

"I didn't sleep for that long," Eleanor protested, Kakyoin chuckling. 

"Stop driving so slow!" Polnareff wined about the car in front of them. "You're in the way! I'm gonna pass them." 

Polnareff quickly moved to the side and passed the small red car, but it resulted in the car being hit with several rocks.

"Polnareff, you're being reckless!" Kakyoin exclaimed. 

"This four-wheel drive is great!" Polnareff said, ignoring Kakyoin.

"Hey, do you think you might've flung pebbles at their car?" Joseph mused as he looked back at the red car.

"Who knows? It could have." Eleanor reached forward and smacked the side of Polnareff's head. "Ow!"

"We don't need any trouble or accidents right now," Eleanor stated, sitting back. "Joseph is wanted because of what happened in Varanasi, you know." 

"Eh?!" Joseph exclaimed. "What about you?" 

"I wore a mask. And even when I took it off, Jotaro was smart enough to help me go unnoticed. So, therefore, only you are wanted." 

Joseph groaned and rolled his eyes, Eleanor noticing Jotaro looking away from her and out the window.

"Either way, I'd like to get across the border safely," Joseph said. 

Suddenly, Polnareff slammed on the brakes, causing Eleanor to jerk forward, but only to hit air when Jotaro put an arm across her chest to keep her from going through the window.

"What's the matter, Polnareff?" Kakyoin asked. 

"Eleanor just told you we don't need accidents!" Joseph exclaimed.

"N-No, look!" Polnareff exclaimed. "Look who's standing over there!" 

The men looked over to see... the small figure of Anne from not so long ago, standing there with her thumb out. 

"Who is it?" Eleanor asked, not being able to hear outside of the car very well.

"Good grief," Jotaro muttered, tilting down his hat.