The Emperor and Hanged Man (long chapter)

The Crusaders had taken a train most of the way to India, but they took a ship for the last day or so after their journey on the train. Jotaro had not confronted Eleanor about her talk with Dio, and Dio had gratefully not talked to her since. During the train ride, Eleanor, Kakyoin, Polnareff, and Jotaro had all started to get to know each other better, all grateful to have this time to themselves and not have to face enemy Stand users. They all grew to know that Polnareff isn't always flirtatious, Kakyoin isn't always quiet, Jotaro isn't always emotionless, and Eleanor wasn't just about protecting the Joestar bloodline. It was a very nice trip.

"I'm a little worried..." Joseph mumbled honestly as they were about to dock in India. "My image if India is a place where people only eat curry and you could fall ill at any time."

"I'm worried that my body may not be able to handle the culture gap," Polnareff said in all seriousness, which had Eleanor smiling softly as she shook her head. 

She in all honesty was excited to visit a new country and see a new culture, even if she couldn't see it herself, it was still a new experience. 

"That assessment is rather distorted," Avdol said to Joseph with a chuckle. "You needn't worry. It's a nice country, where simple people live. I can guarantee it." They felt the ship dock, and Eleanor heard the bridge being set for them to walk out. "Well, we're in Calcutta. Let's go." 

Avdol opened the door, and immediately all of the Crusaders were greated with loud noises and swarms of children and adults offering them many services and things, some trying to pickpocket them as well.

"Hey, give me a tip!"

"Let me carry that for you!"

"Want a tattoo? You're so pretty."

"Need some anti-venom? It won't hurt your stomach."

"I'll show you a hotel!" 

"I stepped on some cow shit!" Polnareff complained. "Damnit!" 

"I don't need any," Joseph insisted to several people. "Seriously, no thank you." 

"My wallet's already been stolen!" Kakyoin exclaimed in surprise. 

Several children were tugging on Jotaro's clothes, one seeming very interested about the chain connected to his coat.

"Tip! Tip!" A child cried to the teen. "If you don't give me a tip, you won't go to heaven, Mister." 

Several other children were swarming Eleanor, pulling at her clothes and asking for tips, her bag and sword almost being stolen twice already, but like hell was she going to allow that. She had wrapped her sword in old cloth anyways and had it strapped to her back, so no one would know what it was. Her eyes started to widen as she realized she was being pulled away from the other Crusaders, trying to push back to them, but her smaller form couldn't, and she wasn't going to hurt anyone over it. 

"Jotaro!" Eleanor cried. "Kakyoin!" 

The redhead and black-haired teens turned at the girl's cries, Kakyoin summoning Hierophant, grabbing Eleanor, and pulling her back to him and the others, reaching down and taking her hand with his own.

"Let's not lose a valued member of this group," Kakyoin said with a smile, and Eleanor flushed and chuckled. 

"Agreed," Eleanor said, gripping Kakyoin's hand tightly so she wouldn't be dragged off.

"A-Avdol, is this India?!" Joseph cried out to his friend, who just turned and smiled. 

"See?" Avdol asked. "Isn't it a great country?" Avdol laughed. "This is what makes this country so wonderful!"