The Sun that Shines at Night

The Crusaders were at a fancy place, specifically, a fancy car lot. Eleanor was sprawled out in one of the chairs, jacket off, trying to soak in as much air conditioning as she could before they went back outside. 

"Man... If a cute girl like you asked me to, I might even buy them a car," Polnareff flirted with a random woman, Eleanor rolling her eyes.

"My, what a talker," the woman said.

"How about we get dinner some time?" Polnareff suggested, just as Joseph slapped a envelope on top of his tower of hair.

"Polnareff, I'm terribly sorry to interrupt when you're so busy, but..." Joseph said sarcastically, Eleanor chuckling as she stood. 

"Mr. Joestar!" Polnareff complained. 

"We're leaving," Joseph continued, Eleanor walking to join Jotaro and Kakyoin. 

"I wonder why we're riding in such a fancy car," Eleanor commented as she slipped on her jacket, Kakyoin humming in reply. 

Joseph and Polnareff walked out, the five Crusaders climbing into the fancy car Joseph bought and started driving. 

"But, man, I can't believe this country," Polnareff said. "Every house we see is like a mansion."

"Indeed," Joseph agreed, while looking at a map. "All the houses around here would cost three or four billion yen in Tokyo. Apparently, this is the norm for the people here. Just twenty years ago, this was all desert, but thanks to the massive profits from the oil crisis, this place grew into a dream-like city."

"The sun is harsh, but with air conditioning, it's perfectly comfortable inside of the car," Polnareff said. "No complaints here."

"Unless you're getting smothered by two large buff men," Eleanor muttered, Kakyoin chuckling at her comment. 

Eleanor shifted uncomfortably, glancing back behind them, but not seeing or hearing anything.

"What's wrong, Eleanor?" Jotaro asked.

"I-It's nothing," Eleanor said. "I'm sure if someone were following us, any of us would be able to spot them, but I feel like someone's watching us, so I just can't help but look back to see if there's a Stand."

"Yeah, I can't blame you," Polnareff said.

"Well, with that in mind, I've been thinking about our route from here," Joseph said, still looking at the map. "About a hundred kilometers northwest is a village called Yarpline. Because of the desert and mountains, the road is heavily curved. It takes two days to reach by car, so the villagers use a Cessna to travel. I think we should go to the village first, buy a Cessna, and cross the vast Saudi Arabian desert. Up to now, I've been worried that attacks by Stand users would cause any airplane we rode in to crash,  putting innocent lives at risk. But if we have a Cessna, I can pilot it, and it'll shorten our travel time."

"I don't really want to board a Cessna with a man who's been through three plane crashes," Jotaro stated, Joseph sending him a glare. 

"Well, anyway, I think we should first cross this desert to get to the village of Yarpline. On camels, it would take one day."

"Camels?!" Polnareff exclaimed. "A Cessna is one thing, but wait a minute! I've never ridden a camel before." 

Joseph chuckled and grinned. 

"Leave it to me," he stated. "I know them very well. I'll teach you how to ride. Just sit back and relax." 

They arrived at a tent outskirts of the town, a pen of camels next to it. They walked up to the man who owned the camels, and Joseph asked for a price.