Chapter 12

***

I just finished my meeting with The Council for my new campaign project about Plastic Ocean. My day couldn't be worse than today. All of the sudden, Freya crashed in to the meeting and submit her new proposal about the same topic that plagiarize mine.

Beatrice saw her lurking on my desk and stole my proposal, but i can't do anything because my boss allowed her to have the same campaign topic as mine.

My team and I are looking for the security footage of her, so we can give it to the boss and let her see what kind of person Freya is.

"I never knew that she's an evil!" said Beatrice.

"Well, wait until i get the security footage and that thief will be damned."

"Hey Juli, i want to recommend a place to do the campaign," said Charles, approaching me and Beatrice. "Public schools will be a great place, we'll educate the students about Plastic Ocean and promote the campaign."

"I agree," I nodded. "Beatrice, can you contact all public schools in Paris and ask if we could do the campaign by next week?"

"Okay."

"Thank you Charles for your suggestion."

They left my desk and i browse the internet. There are still pictures of me and Neymar at Gala Red Carpet as the headline news, they make an excessive title like 'Girl friend or Girlfriend? Well you could tell by the way she looked at him...' or 'After break up statement from both side, seems like Neymar Jr and Juliette already moved on.'

Suddenly there's an email notification from Neymar ask me to have a lunch together. These days, he's avoiding me and pretend to be busy all the time.

After that night, Neymar makes it more awkward and i don't want things to be complicated, just because of one kiss that happened all of the sudden. I don't actually know what i feel about that night.

I really want to tell Bianca about that but she's at Palestine right now for her Charity Project, and i don't want to distract her.

At lunch break, we met at the Italian Restaurant near the stadium. Neymar already waiting for me with his training kit and when i arrive, we ordered the same dishes and i'm the one who start the conversation first.

"Why you haven't returned any of my calls?"I glimpsed at him and handed the menu to the waitress.

"I'm busy."

"Too busy so you can't even check your phone?"

He ignored me and kept staring at his phone.

"Hello! Have you seen a person here is talking to yo?" I pointed myself. "I didn't came all this way to being ignored."

"What are we Juliette?" He shocked me with that question. "God! I can't stop thinking about our kiss." He groaned.

"Sshhh, don't said it too loud, people might hear you!" I rolled my eyes. "We're best friends."

"Best friend do not kiss their best friend and you know that," He whispered. "There are something twirling in my stomach everytime i think about it."

Our dishes has arrived and i took a bite of my Lasagna before we continue our conversation. "Then fill your stomach with some foods before the butterflies start growing."

"That exactly how it really feels, butterflies!"

Oh my god, this man doesn't even know, what's the meaning of having butterflies in stomach.

"No way..." I mumbled. "You must be joking, there's no way you could like me."

"I don't like you! No, i mean.. i like you but of course not in that way." He stated. Seems like there's something that he thought about, while he said that.