Chapter 33

***

I was walking to my hotel from the train station, because there are too crowded there and i can't find one empty taxi. The weather is getting cold and i forgot to wear my coat, so i rapidly taking my steps before i got freezing out here.

"Juli!" Someone shouted my name from the street and i turned around to found Eden in his car.

"How did you knew it was me?"

"I recognize the way you walked, what are you doing outside in a cold like this?"

"I'm walking to my hotel."

"Just hop into my car, i'll take you there." He offered and opened his car's door for me.

"Thanks," I smiled.

I think he just got back from his training, i could tell by his training jersey he's wearing and i don't want to disturb his time to rest. He must be really tired.

"You could just dropped me here, my hotel's not far enough." I lied.

"C'mon i know you don't want to disturb me but actually you're not," He chuckled. "Andrew, could you take us to the coffee shop nearby?"

"Yes sir."

"Eden i know you're tired," I rolled my eyes. "You always like spooning over your blanket after you went from the training."

"Stop exposing me like this, i need a friend to drink."

I smiled. "Okay fine."

We arrived at the coffee shop that we've never been to and i ordered one hot Americano to warm my body.

"What are you doing here in London?" He asked. "I thought you're in Liverpool to watch PSG's game."

"I'm not, it's a work duty and i just got back from there."

"But the game just started," He pointed out to the tv behind me and what a coincidence that the cameramen shoots Neymar's face.

"We—" I stuttered, it's really hard to admit it. "We broke up."

"What? Okay i don't understand, you're happy with him right?"

"I did, but things just didn't work out," I explained. "Is it too selfish that i choose my job over him?"

"Of course no. Your job is a part of you and if Neymar is willing to fight for this relationship, then you don't have to choose."

"But i'm too busy with works ever since i got the promotion, i don't have time for us. Is that what you feel when i got my first promotion?" I frowned.

"Kinda, but i don't give up that easy just because of that. I know how much you loved your job and me."

"But why did he gave up?"

"Maybe he wasn't good enough for you," He stared at me. "You're worth to fight for."

"Thank you," I smiled.

Eden take me back to the hotel after we finished, and i tried so hard not to overthink my break ups. I don't want the media to haunt me with our photos together, so i decided to take a step by stating our break up on my social media.

[]

Tonight is my last day in London and i have a party to attend to. I was there alone and luckily there are a few people i've known from the UNESCO Annual Gala, so i don't have to get really awkward in here.

Across from me, i saw a woman with her Gucci dress come approaching me. I wanted to be gone but she already made an eye contact with me, so i have to make a small conversation with her.

"Hey Bruna," I smiled. "I didn't expect to see you here."

"I'm here as the face of one Brazilian Foundation. I'm so glad to see you here!"

"Yeah me too! I remembered the last time we met at the stadium while ago."

"I heard the news that you already break up with him? Is that true?" I know she was gonna brought up this topic, i have no choice but to answer.

"Yeah, it was his decision."

"I'm sorry for your break up, you guys were a perfect couple."

"It's okay, i'm fine."

"Neymar is the loyal type of guy. We used to be an on and off couple for years and i knew, he will fight for you if he really loves you."

She tried to makes me feel better, instead she got me feeling insecure about her words. I stared at her and consuming her words word by word and she just got me.

"I'm sorry but i have to great some people there, it's good to see you here Juliette."

"Yeah thank you. It's great to see you too."

The night went really fast and i can't sleep because of Bruna's words. Neymar is willing to fight for Bruna for all those years, because he really loved her. I remember the way he broke up with me and let me fade away from his sight, he never chase me.

The facetime rings from my phone keeps me sane from my thoughts. I saw Bianca's name on it and she always came in the right timing. It's like she have a radar or something.

"It's midnight, why are you calling me?"

"Then why are you answering? I just want to check you out, you haven't told me anything about the break up."

"Lately i missed our dinner together and because of my works, we barely seen each other for weeks. A few days ago, i bailed out from the dinner that we planned, because i have to go to London and he's mad at me and decided to break up."

"That's it? There must be something more"

"Well there is. When they had a game at Liverpool, i came from London to see him and thought that we could fix our relationship. It turns out that he thought things didn't work out between us and he let me go."

"He have his reasons J."

"Or maybe he doesn't love me just like he did with Bruna. Well he was in an on and off relationship with her for years, but Neymar keep fought for her unlike me. He let me walk away."

"Don't compare yourself to her. Just be honest with me, all those days that you've spent at works, have you ever feel lonely?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know what i mean. You don't enjoy yourself working again after you got your promotion and never going out from the office again?"

"I love my job and of course i won't regret it. Why is my job related with this?"

"Your life is on the loop and Neymar is barely the part of it. Juli you already achieved everything and now it's the time for you to put a concern of your relationship."

"If he really loves me then why would he have a problem with that?"

"Now put yourself in his position right now. Imagine if Neymar doesn't have time for you because of his job and he doesn't even include you, how do you feel?"

I stay silenced.

"See? You can't handle it right? You can't even handle a day without a phone call from him."

"Alright Bianca, you're right. Then what should i do? Should i quit my job and do nothing?"

"Just look to your bottom drawer beside your bed and see what's in there. I want to go to sleep right now, i'll call you soon."

"Ok goodbye."

She hung up the call and leave me curious about what's inside my drawer. Why did she asked me to open it?

---

i have no idea what's to write on the author's note today. s.