Fourteenth Toll

Keonhee

I had never seen a full human inside Dier. It worried me more when Hwanwoong and Lutin were nowhere to be seen. I hoped that he wasn't taken and confined by one of them. "Nisse, can you reach Lutin?" "I've been trying. He either can't respond or is sleep. I'm hoping the latter." One of the humans poked their head inside the cave and saw me. "Hey, there's another cute little animal." Another? Did they already get Hwanwoong? Another female poked her head in then started calling me over. I ran deeper inside in hopes they wouldn't try to capture me.

I noticed markings on the walls and decided to follow them. I ended up at a dead end and wondered what made the marks. I turned around and figured I had followed a prank. "Keon." "Hm?" "Head into that dead end." "Why?" "Just do it. Run." I was very skeptical, but I did as I was told.

End Keonhee

"Well, you're home now. You can stay with me." "But, I can't just leave him. We both have something we want from the same being." "Something you want? What is it?" "I don't want this power anymore. I want to be normal like you all." I hopped off Seoho's thigh then stopped by the tent entrance. "I won't come back until then." I quickly ran away as I didn't want them to see me cry. I soon saw a cream rabbit by my side and was rendered lame by its weight. "Let us come with you..." "No. It would be worrisome if all of you disappeared too. No one cares about me." "Your mom...she's been looking for you." I couldn't believe what he had just told me.

"Seoho said he saw her crying one day wishing you were home." "I don't believe it." I noticed Dongju had gotten off of me, but immediately transformed and held me in his hand. "It's true. He recorded it." I heard footsteps and saw a familiar lean and beautiful brown haired boy. "Can you stop staring? I'm bonding with my pet mouse." I bit Dongju and he instinctively let me go. I transformed into my human form and saw Dongju panicking. "Dongju, it's fine. He's one of us." "Hi..."

The others had soon joined and Keonhee ended up hiding behind me. "That's the 'fearless' Keonhee?" He buried his face into my neck and I couldn't help but find the action adorable. "He's been alone most of his life, so his social skills aren't too good." "Oh." "Your friends seem nice..." A shiver had went down my spine as Keonhee had said it in sultry tone. I didn't know if it was intentional or not, but it was something that I wouldn't have minded hearing again. "Thank you for taking care of Hwanwoong. Without you..." Keonhee had briefly come out from hiding to bow to Seoho. "We should get going..." "At least let me come with you, Hwannie." "Seo..."

I quietly walked next to Keonhee as we made our way back. "Why don't we stay for a while? I'm sure there's things you want to do. I don't need to see Him urgently." "R-Really? You wouldn't mind?" He smiled and I ended up giving him a tight hug. He surprisingly returned the gesture, causing my body temperature to rise. "Maybe Seo will let you stay with us..." I broke the hug and dragged him back to Dongju's, hoping they were all still there.

ㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃㅃ

I rolled onto my side and looked down at Keonhee who was fast asleep. "Guess he was really tired, eh?" "I guess. I wasn't with him for awhile and even when I was, I was sound asleep." Seoho pulled me closer to him then buried his face into the nape of my neck. "I'm glad you're back, Hwannie. Knowing that you're alive and in one piece..." He planted a kiss on my neck then rolled onto his other side.