Twenty-first Toll

I yawned then noticed Keonhee and Nisse were no longer around. I looked over and saw Lutin's familiar glow. I scooted over and gently nudged him with my nose. "Huh? What happened...I feel like I was repeatedly thrown against a tree." "I say don't worry much. Just be glad to be alive." He stretched his wings then flew up into the air. "I'll go locate the other two." He flew away leaving me alone to my thoughts. Am I really going to do this with Keonhee? Am I really prepared for it? If I fail, creatures could possibly die. I could also die in the process. "Well, I can say that this is my purpose in life. Saving others at the expense of my own life." I felt content with that thought and kept it close.

"Found them." I watched the three of them enter, each carrying food. "So, are you ready?" "No." "Honesty. I like it." I lightly laughed then started eating. "I knew there was something weird, but I didn't think it would be life changing." "I didn't think we were super special at all. Just two creatures with a strange ability." "Ah, it runs in okapi blood. That's why I was surprised to see that you could too." I stopped then looked at him. He could sense my concern and focused his attention on me. "Just okapis...?" "Basically...If an okapi did mate with someone else, if their offspring were anything other than an okapi at birth, it wouldn't be passed down. And that was really rare." "So, you're saying I'm actually an okapi?" "Yeah."

I walked out. Ever since I had run away, I've done nothing but learn. Learn about valuable survival skills, teamwork, things about Dier whether good or bad, and myself as well. I never expected to find out the life I had been living was a complete lie. I decided to get my mind off of things and run. I was never one who liked running, but it was all I could do as of now. I felt I had gotten lost and wished I had taken Lutin with me. I sighed then closed my eyes briefly, wondering they're eating my food. I opened my eyes and saw little golden sprouts popping up and creating a path. I curiously followed and ended up with the others.

ㅊㅊㅊㅊㅊㅊㅊㅊㅊㅊㅊ

I couldn't help but notice that dead plants had come back to life as soon as we passed by. Something like this has never happened before and I wanted to know what was going on. "Keon." "Yes, I've noticed. It's probably Him's powers that we now possess." It was refreshing to see certain areas regaining life. I started feeling like an almighty being that could never die, except that I actually could. "City dweller." "It's Hwan." "Oh? I thought you didn't like that." I quickly looked away from Nisse as I didn't want him to see my emotion. "Well, Hwan, I apologize." "I'm sorry, what did you say? I think you mumbled." "Don't act so smug you little-" Lutin had placed his hand over Nisse's mouth and glared. "Anyway, I said I apologize." "That's what I thought you said." Nisse huffed then flew ahead of us.

"Hey, Hwan." "Hm?" "It's nothing. I'll tell you when we get to the city." I was curious as to what he wanted to say. "I think you should wait, Hwan." I looked up at Lutin who had a smile on his face. "Do you know what he wants to say?" "Not exactly, but I'm sure my hunch is right." I internally sighed as I couldn't think of anything important he could possibly have to say to me.