Chapter 1

"Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on
You got the healing that I want
Just like they say it in the song
Until the dawn
Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on"

I won't lie. My friends are crazy. Brie and Vicki sang aloud to Charlie Puth's Marvin Gaye. The two held hands and screamed the song at the top of their lungs. I could see Ryan, Kim's diver wince at the front. Poor guy's gonna need a painkiller once we've dropped off at school.

I could join them but I was too busy thinking about what to present at the school's annual Talent Express. It's the one day artists and innovators in my school could have their works auctioned.

New Heights High School, otherwise called N, double H, S or Notoriously Hellish Snobs Center for the rich. That's my high school. Sure, there are a couple of really snobbish kids in my school. Ninety-five of the school's population are from rich homes and cultured lineages dating back to the founding year of the Great Lilaria Empire. The remaining five population consisted of kids who were less privileged and highly talented. Kids like me.

When I'd got the scholarship, my parents were overjoyed. I swelled with pride. I had helped my parents worry less about money.

Brie was disappointed at first but managed to get her parents to get her in the school. Victoria and Kim were already attending NHHS at the beginning of Senior year. All four of us were together again.

Brie, Kim, Vickie and I have known each other for as long as I could remember. Well, Vickie was the first friend I made in Kindergarten. Her posh dad didn't really like us hanging out. Brie and Kim became our friends in the fifth grade.

We've been together ever since and now, we'll be graduating together. All four of us.

We were in our final year in high school. The school declared a short break the previous week and now we're heading back to the home of torture.

My train of thoughts crashed when Brie yelled.

"What's this supposed to mean? A girl deserves to be kidnapped and raped because of the way she dresses?" She clutched her phone in an aggressive manner and furiously typed. "Those damn chauvinists!"

The rest of us knew better than to talk when Brie is angry, especially on matters that involves the female gender. Of my three best friends, Brie was more outspoken and bold. Her shirt was untucked and her short brown hair fell over her shoulders. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she turned out to be an activist. Just mention rape to her and you will have your ears chewed off.

Vickie had picked up her fashion magazine while Kim played Candy Crush on her iPhone. The vehicle is finally quiet except for the classic music playing. We all wore our school uniform - a short blue pleated skirt, white long-sleeved shirt with long blue stripes on the arms, and finished off with red tie.

I resumed my position in leaning my head on the window. I could see Ryan smile at the peace and quiet. I chuckled and shook my head.

The majestic view of NHHS came into view. The school took on acres of land. There were fountains, hang out spots, picturesque views, football fields, and basketball courts. The laboratories were top notch from Tokyo, Korea and USA. There were several studios, halls and theatres. NHHS was founded by Queen Tania back in 1909. Most events are funded by the Royal family every year.