Chapter 3

My first time on the Ferris wheel was so terrifying, I cried and wet myself. I remember trembling and shivering in fear. That experience, however, pales in comparison to now.

Crud!

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to. I was going my own way. Please, don't hurt me," I say in a rush. Dear God, if I survive, I promise to be a good girl and never eavesdrop again. I visibly tremble, clenching and unclenching my fists.

"Anna!"

I exhale in relief, with a huge smile on my face. I have never been so happy to see a teacher right now. I would be their servant for the rest of my life.

"What are you doing? Come over here," Mr John calls. "Pardon us, your Highness."

My legs run of their own accord to Mr John. I could hug the stern old man right now.

"Mr Andrew told me he gave you some papers. Have you delivered them?"

"Yes sir." I nod.

"Good and, be careful of that Crown Prince. Next time I would not help you."

My eyes widen at his words. Did he see most of what had happened?

"Go for your next class. Lunch is over."

"But the bell hasn't rung," I said. Just then, the bell rings. A smirk grows on the older man's face. I could hate the man but still I lost my luch. Oh, that precious slice of pizza. Cafeteria food is the best. I testify to its mouthwatering, tasty goodness.

I follow Mr John everywhere until I felt I was safe enough to head back to class. That did not stop me from screaming and jerking every time someone came too close or touched me.

Escaping His royal highness didn't help me escape being late to History class or having points removed from my Continuous Assessment. Fuck my life!

My brain did not function for the rest of the day. When you deprive a child of food, he would not be active. I'm living that sad but true fact.

Riding my bicycle home, I spot a mini shop selling pastries. I exhale in relief. I thought I was going to die of hunger.

I lock the chains of my bicycle after parking and get in the shop buying one of everything. Most of my year savings were gone. I would have to start saving again. But the food is worth it.

I step out of the shop feeling bad even as I stuffed my face when three white limos pull to a stop in front of me. I mean, right in front of me.

What the-?

Nah. No rich person would mind a street urchin like me. I reach for my bicycle when suddenly four men in sleek black suits step out. They gather around me like skyscrapers blocking out the sun. Their black shades and bulging biceps are overwhelming. I tremble beneath their cold gazes. One of them urge me towards the vehicle.

What's going on? I am too young to be kidnapped. I did not commit any  offence. Why couldn't I eat in peace? I struggle against them only to be thrown in one of the vehicle. Angry, I hit the shut door. "Argh!"

"Anna Bill," A deep voice draws out slowly.

I turn my head to cuss the snooty, proud ignoramus who kidnapped me only to be struck down by the face of the second most powerful man in the country.

Crown Prince Nolan.

I whimper in fear. Shit! Scratch that, I did commit an offence.

His blue eyes glare down at me making feel smaller than I already am. I pull at the door handle and chuckle nervously. I search around for another exit but unless I could punch the driver without getting pummeled back. Yeah, not an option. I gulp and meet his hardened glare.

I am in deep trouble.

Oh, here comes trouble.

Tap that star below please

Tap that star below please. Thank you.