Chapter 31

I entered the hospital ward and see Kim and Vickie painting their toenails.

"Girls!" Brie exclaimed and skipped towards them. "Oh that magenta totally suits you."

They greeted us with a smile.

“The Princess is in the house”, I whooped and twirled to the soft music playing on the Mp3.

“You're happy." Vickie nodded at me while looking at Brie who made herself comfortable on the floor. Kim made clucking noises at Brie.

“Why wouldn't I be?” I asked, checking out the colors of the nail polish scattered on the bed. “How are you feeling?” I squeezed​ her palm gently.

She nodded, “Slight headache.”

“Oh well, we just happened to watch the showdown that happened in school,” Vickie smirked, “It was high time you showed her who's boss.”

I gave her a small smile. I honestly didn't come here to talk about my life, I need a distraction. I sit on the chair and watch them talk.

“And the fact that Drake and Darrell entered the scene was lit.” Brie exclaimed giggling.

“Yeah.” Kim smiled.

“I've been meaning to ask. What's up with you and Drake?” I asked Kim.

Before she could reply, Vickie exclaimed, “I know right? He even sent her flowers.”

“Ooh, you got an admirer, Kim.” Brie giggled.

“Ugh, come on guys. He's just being nice.” Shades of pink coloured her cheeks.

“That blush says another thing.” I grinned. She threw her pillow at me.

“Stop it.”

“Okay, okay.” I twirled my hair with my finger, “Drake and Kim sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G.” I sang.

Brie slap my leg, “Don't piss the patient off,” She warned. It was obvious she was trying to keep from laughing. Vickie threw her head back and laughed.

“So I heard Nolan is back from the Netherlands.” Kim smirked.

My grin fell into a deep frown as I nod. “Saw him this morning.”

“You make it sound like a bad thing.”

I shrug. “The fluid is too thick.” I point out to Vickie before grabbing the tv remote and tapping the on button. Surprise surprise they were talking about the picture and 'Nolan's extramarital affair'. Yay! Just what I need. I changed the channel to a documentary channel.

“Aw come on, why did you change it? This is boring.” Brie whinned.

“There is nothing interesting about Nolan to watch. I practically live with him.”

“Yeah but you tell us nothing about him. Like what does he do in the evenings?” Kim asked.

“He sleeps.” I rolled my eyes, to which Kim gave back a sour look. I changed the channel to Telemundo. “How's this?”