Chapter 32

I climbed in his car and pulled on the seat belt. “Where have you been? Everyone is worried”

“I was with my mom.” I stared out the window. The car moved swiftly along the road.

“You could have called or something.”

I shrugged and yawned. “We need to talk.”

“Okay.” He drew out slowly.

“Let's end this. This secret relationship, let's stop. I can't do it anymore. Henry, I like you but I just need space and I am tired of keeping secrets and risking getting caught.”

“So a little 'it's not about you, it's about me' speech? Does this have to do with what happened at school?” He pulled to a stop in front of my house.

“You know about that? No. No,  it has nothing to do with Nolan. I just want to do something for myself instead for once. I want to be selfish.”

He scoffed. “And here I thought you were always selfish.”

“Excuse me?” My temper flared. “What do you mean I'm selfish?”

“It's always about you, you and you. Do you think I like this too? You should have been mine in the first place but no they put you up with that asshole. Each time I try to talk to you, it's always about you and your feelings.”

“You are not making any sense, Henry,” I yelled, “You know what, this is stupid and I've told you I want out. I don't want to be involved with you. I am not selfish either.” I unclasp the seatbelt and pulled the door handle.

Henry grabbed my arm pulling me to him. “It does not end unless I say so.”

“Let go of me.” I said as he forced himself on me, trying to kiss me. The driver's door opened suddenly and Henry was pulled out roughly. Nolan just happened to be the person. He punched Henry's face. Once. Twice.

I hurried out of the car towards them.“Stop. Stop it right now.” I pushed against Nolan with all my might.

Breathing heavily, he pointed a finger at bloodied Henry. “If I see your hands on my wife one more time, I'm going to make sure you loose them.” He dragged me in the house and to my room. “What were you thinking? Running off like that with him.”

“I didn't run off with him-”

“You came home together. I had guards running up and down the city only to find out you were with him? Why are you so foolish?” He yelled.

“Will you pipe down?” I yelled back. “Henry and I-”

“Yes of course, you and Henry. I know all about that but let this be the last time I see you with him. Whatever relationship is between you two ends now.” He fumed.

“Get out!” I pointed at the exit tearing up. “Leave. Now.”

His hardened glare softened a bit. “I'm sorry.”

“You keep yelling about Henry and I while you are still with Aubrey. I don't want to talk to you anymore. Leave.”

He put his hands in his pockets and left. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed​. I slipped​ my shoes off and take off my earrings. I heard​ the door open again and groan. What part of leave does he not understand? I turned on my heels and find Queen Gabrielle glaring at me. I could feel my heart in my throat as I gulped.