Chapter 17

It's my wedding and coronation day.

I am bathed with the finest soaps and made up. Dressed in my wedding gown, I gawk in awe at the mirror observing the strange girl staring back at me.

My mom should be here whispering word of encouragement and advice. My dad should be kissing my forehead and my brother should be teasing me. Instead, I am alone.

I channel my loneliness and anger to my shoes. The heels are killing me. I want to scream and jump out the window like Thor. But a promise is a promise. For the family. The maids come in.

"It is time."

It is okay to be nervous on your wedding day but not when over a million people are watching your every move over the lens of a reporter's camera.

For the family. I chant in my head over and over, wearing a small smile.

Bouquet in hand, I step into the hall where the joining is to take place. It is glowing. The sun lights penetrates the windows casting a warm glow. Royalties and ambassadors from other countries are present, giving warm smiles and appearing majestic.

There should be a bridal chorus. After a terrifyingly long pause, the song began to play.

I slowly approached the dais just as the queen taught me. Ahead, Nolan stood in a fitted white suit which had golden stripes on the wrist and shoulders. The buttons were also made of gold. Hmm, he looked good. That, I've got to admit.

This is going to take forever with the way I'm walking but the queen's unwavering eyes has me poised the way I was taught.

I see my family and feel the urge to ditch it all and run to them. I almost cry but I am already at the dais. I climb the stairs and bow to the priest, turn to Nolan and bow again.

When I raise my head, his blue eyes has me transfixed. They were so blue, it took a while to notice the green in them. I could spend hours painting them. The suit brought out the color of his unusual eyes.

How could I not have noticed?  Henry had those blue eyes in them. Those eyes that had me almost peeing my panties the first day we met.

They all had blue eyes, the dowager, Nolan and Henry. Bet the king has the unusual eye colour too but the queens' was a different shade. Lighter. You might say.

It is quiet. Why is it quiet? I look around and notice everyone is watching me as though waiting for me to speak. Oh, it's time for my speech.

" I, Anna Bill, hereby swear my loyalty and honor to this kingdom and my husband. In truth and in grace. In the good and bad times. Sickness and health. Till death do us part."

There. Now I can flush it from my brain. We exchange rings. Glad we aren't to kiss. It's going to go awry.

It is done. I am married to him.

The king and queen step up and stand before me. I kneel.

"You are hereby crowned Crown Princess of Lilaria" A tiara was placed in my head and a sword placed from shoulder to shoulder.

Cheers ring out from all the people seated. The audience rise from their seats. I turn and see my dad crying and applauding, my mum smiling and my brother also smiling hands in a pockets.  I almost laugh. Who made him wear a suit? His unruly hair contradicts the purpose of his attire.

Nolan takes my hand in his and lead me out where the reporters were waiting. To be honest, I couldn't see where I was walking with so many lightbulbs. If it wasn't for crown Prince dearie  here with his strong grip, I'd have tripped and fallen flat on my face.