Chapter 29

"It's been a good stay, Your Highness. I will come to visit Lilaria more and attend the July festivities again." Louis said beaming.

He is finally leaving after his three days stay. A meeting with King Richard promised interrelations with Cordonia.

"I'm glad." We shook hand. "Visit soon."

"How about you visit Cordonia? We have many things for you."

"All right then. You should get going. Don't want you to miss your flight."

"Qui. I have something for you", a guard handed him a wrapped present. "Something special for the special Princess."

"Oh you didn't have to." I collect it wondering what is in it.

"Take it as a gift from a friend to another." He held my hands in his.

"Thank you, really."

He nods. "I hope we meet again." He got in the vehicle. I watched as the white limo drove away.

I hope I meet him again.

Gift in hand, I took a stroll with Mara who kept making mentions of my mistakes. Couldn't she be positive for once?

I noticed Henry talking to a maid. She looks so familiar. Closer up, I recognize her as Genevieve's​ personal maid. The woman scares me sometimes with that cold look she darts everyone.

I pulled Mara away to the side, hoping Henry doesn't notice us passing by. I can't stand to face him not after what I had heard.

"Anna." Luck is against me today when i hear him call. I cursed  beneath my breath and smiled​ waiting. The scary maid glanced at us before walking away.

"Have you been avoiding me?" He asked when he caught up to us.

I let out a shaky laugh, "Of course not. Why would I be avoiding you?"

"I thought so too. Are you busy? I know we haven't been spending much time together. I kinda felt guilty leaving you alone while I was working-"

"Oh you did not have to worry and all."

"So are you busy?" He asked again.

I think of excuses to make up  when Mara stepped in, "She has classes to finish up with." I nod putting on a sad face.

"Responsibility sucks, right?" I grinned a little too wide but he wasn't even looking at me.

"Aw, cute her a little slack, Mara. She just perfectly handled that French Prince and nothing went wrong." He begged. "Let her go just for a little while, please?"

Mara glanced at me a little surprised and embarrassed a royal said 'please' to her. "All right."

"Thanks so much, Mara." He smiled and take my hand in his, pulling me away.

"Come, let's go riding." He jerked me towards the stables.

The horses were made ready. Henry helped me up to sit on the saddle. I watch him climb his. "Where are we going in?"

"Just follow me." He had me with his boyish grin. He trot forward. I grip the reins tight and kicked the horse by the side. We rode  together in silence, enjoying the breeze and calm serenity of the fields.

"I miss this. I miss you." he said when we came to a stop. We were nowhere near the stables and somewhere I've never seen before.

"I never knew this was here." I take the place in. "Is that a cabin?"

"Yes. I discovered it last week. It's been unused for years. Wanna come in?"

"Yes." I was dying curious to see the inside, I got off the horse in a hurry and too sudden causing him to fear and neigh. "Sorry, big guy." I run my hand through his mane. My thighs are burning. Riding a horse comes with a price apparently.