0.9

thanks to ashley, she was able to get my homework from my teachers as well as joe's.

i had lied to my parents about feeling sick and that ashley was going to be bringing me my homework.

joe would sometimes go to school, but the majority of the time, he was with me. i told him everything that was going through my mind the day that i had gone to school.

he didn't say anything and simply let me talk as he hugged me. i've never felt so emotionally drained as i have this past week.

i hated how much of an affect justin had on me. "tyler, i feel like it's time to get out of your house and go to school. you can't hide here forever. ashley and i are going to be with you." joe said and i sighed.

"i don't know if i'm ready." i said as i looked up from my notebook.

"you're never going to know unless you get out and figure it out. the longer you stay in here, the harder it'll be to go back." he said and i sighed.

i had to stop being so scared. both ashley and joe had told that what had happened between justin and i, was long forgotten.

they're main focus had been the supposed relationship he was in with tanner. and when ashley told me, i knew i couldn't go back just yet.

but that was two weeks ago. i eventually managed to accept the fact that justin never has and never will care for me.

"anyways, i don't want to rush you. it was just a thought. i kinda miss seeing you around the halls. as well as waiting for me by my car with ashley." he said and i chuckled.

i shook my head and looked back down at my notebook. i couldn't help smile at how cheesy that had been.

"i'll think about it." i said and he chuckled.

"alright then, i'll be waiting." he laid back on my bed and closed his eyes. "why is everything so stressful. specially a couple months away from graduation."

"couple months? more like four months left. crazy how within a month and a half, so much drama has been in my life." i said and he nodded.

"i know. hopefully the last few months aren't so drama filled." he said and turned his head to look at me.

"hopefully."

***

soon after school ended, ashley made her way over to my house. i was happy to have them both with me. we hadn't hung out like this in a while.

"so ashley, tell us what's been going on in school. have they finally decided on a date for prom or theme?" i asked and joe sat up to look at her properly.

"um, so far, they have the date, but they still aren't sure about what theme to use. they're still indecisive of it. it would be really cool if it was masquerade themed." she said and joe nodded.

"yeah, that sounds pretty cool, but knowing how the school works, they most likely won't do something like that. in the end, its going to be a shitty theme, but we're going to make it work. i think i can get us invitation to after parties and still make it memorable." joe said and i laughed.

"how the hell are you going to do that? we're not "cool enough" to get invited to those." i said and he chuckled.

"well, according to many people, we are. either that, or they just know that you'll bring them some entertainment with the constant bullshit that gets thrown at you." i rolled my eyes because that was true.

"well, whatever can get me drunk off my ass to forget about everything for at least one night, would be great." i said and sighed as i laid back.

that's all i wanted for a while now. just to forget about what has happened and simply move on. i don't want people to ever see my vulnerable side again.

"anyways, parties and prom aside, when are you coming back? it's not that i don't like the other people we hang out with, but i miss our little trio." i knew she'd ask that anytime now.

"i don't know. joe and i were talking about it before you got here. i just don't feel ready yet." i said and she sighed.

"okay... i guess i'll just wait for you to be ready." she said and laid down next to me. we both looked over at joe who looked lost in thought.

"joe, come here." i said and patted the free space on my left side. ashley moved so that i could scoot closer to the middle.

he chuckled and moved to laid down next to me. my immediate instinct was to cuddle him. "hey, don't leave me out. i want some cuddles too." ashley said before cuddling up behind me.

we laughed at the weird position we were in. joe had managed to stretch out his arm over me to reach ashley.

we were one cuddling mess. "honestly guys, i could fall asleep in this position. being cuddled by my two best friends." i said and ashley laughed.

"joe, you've been friend zoned once again." she teased and he groaned. he pulled away from me and ashley, making me pout.

"you always ruin the moment. like if i'm not aware that i'm forever friend zoned." joe said and i frowned.

he avoided eye contact with us as he got up from the bed. "anyways, i have to go."

"no you don't." i blurted out sat up. he sighed and completely ignored me as he grabbed his things.

"joe." i called out to him and he shook his head.

"tyler, i have to go. i've been spending a lot of time here at your place than i have in mine. my mom is kinda starting to be a bitch about it." he said and i sighed.

i looked at ashley and she shook her head. i held back anything that i was going to say and simply watched him.

"well, i'll see you, if not tomorrow, then the day after." he said and walked over to us. he hugged ashley and then me. something i didn't think he would do.

he smiled at us, but i knew it was fake. ashley and i didn't say anything as he left.

"you know, i said it because he needs to remember that. i wasn't trying to get him upset, but tyler, every time he's around you, he's so different." my eyebrows furrowed in confusion as i looked at her.

"what do you mean by different?"

"he's calmer, he's very gentle with not only you, but with me too. he's always so caring, so protective, and so much more." she said and smiled. "he's changed so much because of you."

"also, don't tell him i told you, but he even asked me to always remind him that you only see him as a friend. even if it does upset him." she added and that got me wondering.

"why?" i asked curiously and she chuckled.

"because, he doesn't want to fall in love with you, knowing that your heart belongs to someone else."

-

my poor baby...

and yes, i've highkey been #teamjoe since the beginning because he cares and does so much for tyler and he's just... ugh... i'm breaking my own heart.

but sadly, he has to get hurt for all of #teamjay to have your happy, but not so happy, ending...