1.0

after ashley had left my house, i spent time thinking about going to school the next day. joe was right about me needing to go back, but i just don't want to see justin.

i paced back and forth in my room as i weighted out the  pros and cons of going back. i sighed and fixed my hair for the last time.

i grabbed my things and headed down stairs. "are you okay, tyler?" i flinched when i heard my mom's voice.

"um, yeah, i'm just a little nervous of going back after missing so many days." i said and she didn't look convinced, but thankfully let it go.

i grabbed my keys and walked out of my house. i took a deep breath as i got in my car and thought about if it was even a good idea.

"fuck it. i can't hide forever." i muttered to myself and pulled out of my driveway. i tried my best to control my shakiness, but that wasn't going happen until i saw ashley and joe.

once i got to school, i stayed in my car for a few more minutes while i tried to collect myself.

"joe and ashley will be by my side, they will help me not bump into justin." i told myself and took a deep breath.

"it's going to be okay, tyler. you got this." i said and got my things and got out of my car. the second i did, i wanted to go home.

almost everyone had turned to look at me. i avoided eye contact with everyone and simply made my way over to where joe, ashley and i hang out.

i noticed them there with a couple of our other friends. i mustered a smile and walked closer to them.

"hey guys." i said and they turned to look at me.

"oh my god, yay! you're back! i've missed you so much!" ashley said as she hugged me. i chuckled at her reaction and hugged her back.

once she let go, i was quickly embraced by joe. "i'm happy your back. we've really missed you around here even though i'd see you every day." he said and slightly smiled.

"well i'm back. i'm so nervous about being here, but i'll be fine." i said and hugged him tighter. he chuckled and pulled back.

"yeah, we'll try our best for you to avoid justin." he said and i smiled. i knew that bumping into justin was inevitable, but we could at least try.

soon enough the bell rang and joe, ashley, and our other friends walked me to my class. it felt nice to have them with me.

i missed talking to all of them.

"hey, while we're on the topic of parties, apparently there's going to be a party for some popular guy. he came up to me and said to invite my whole friend group. which would be all of you."

"wait, wyatt invited us to his party?" ashley said and our friend nodded. "what the hell, chris. since when do you talk to wyatt?!" she added and i chuckled.

"since never. he came up to me saying that we seem liked a fun friend group. but he did put emphasis on tyler being there." chris said and i rolled my eyes.

"why would he do that?" i asked and he shrugged.

"i did hear him talking about how now that your single, that he might have a chance with you." one of our friends said and i sighed.

"well, first of all, i technically was always single. and second of all, since when is wyatt interested in me?" i said and they all gave me a certain look.

"what?" i asked as i looked at them with a confused look on my face.

"wow, you must really be into justin for you not to realize how many guys are interested in you. joe's one of them and you wouldn't have ever noticed that he did if it weren't for his constant flirting." chris said and joe muttered something under his breath as he turned to face away from us.

"anyways, it's best if we let tyler go in his class now. before he's late and all of us as well." joe said and everyone else nodded. they all left until it was only joe and i.

"well, i guess i'll see you at lunch. that is if you don't ditch before that." he said and i knew there was something bothering him.

"alright then." i said and with that, he smiled and then left. i sighed and walked into my class.

***

when lunch came around, i was glad that the day was almost over. no one questioned me about anything and no one was watching me for someone to happen.

so far, my day has been normal. which is something i haven't experienced in such a long time. i sighed and made my way to my locker.

i was planning in hanging out with the whole group, but i wanted to be alone so i quickly put my stuff in the locker and started making my way to the library.

but with my luck, my peace and quietness sadly came to an end.

"what do you want, tanner?" i said as i crossed my arms. he had an annoying smirk on his face that i wanted nothing more than to wipe off.

"nothing, just wanted to welcome you back." he said with a fake smile plastered on his face.

"like if i'm going to believe that bullshit. now if you don't mind, i have better things to do." i said and walked around him, but he managed to grab my arm.

"listen, i just came to tell you to stay away from my boyfriend. knowing your slutty ways, you won't hesitate in having your way with him." he said and i couldn't help roll my eyes.

"boyfriend? do you really believe that your his boyfriend?" i said and turned to face him. he simply glared at me.

"you poor thing, you're just setting yourself up to get hurt." i said with a fake pout. his glare intensified, but soon faded as he made eye contact with someone behind me.

i felt the color from my face drain as his eyes lit up. with simply seeing his facial expressions change, i knew who was walking towards us.

and before i could get away, justin was standing in front of me. "i've been looking for you." he said as he wrapped his arms around tanner, making him giggle.

i looked away from them and turned to walk away, but tanner being his little shit self, grabbed onto my wrist.

"what the hell do you want, honestly. all you do is brag about a situation i've been in." i said avoiding looking at justin.

"baby doll, just let him go. why waste your time on him when you can spend it with me." justin said and hearing him call tanner by the same pet name he used with me, hurt.

i pulled my wrist from tanner's grip and walked away. it seems like i can never get a break from them.

i took a deep breath to calm down as i made my way to the cafeteria. but even if i tried my best to hide it, joe saw right through me.

he wrapped an arm around me to silently comfort me while he kept talking with our friends.

i tried my best to be involved in the conversation, but my mind kept drifting back to what happened with justin.

-

to anyone wondering, no. i didn't stay up so late writing this. i was doing homework and remembered that i promised my friend to post this chapter...

so i hope y'all like it even though it's just a filler chapter lol. the jyler baby will be coming soon tho ;)