0.3

today is the ball and i have rarely left my room. it has a bathroom in here but i only opened my door to the trio and sometimes sebastian since he'd come to give me food. i have gotten up a bit too early and now i'm just cleaning my room. 

someone knocks on my door.

"y/n, will you help with the decorations?" it's finny.

"yeah i'll be right there" i say. i haven't gotten over what ciel did and said but i can hide it now.

"okay y/n!" i hear him. i put on my shoes and just wrap my fingers around the door knob. how will i act during the ball? will i need to go around introducing myself?

i open the door and see finny waiting.

"master ciel is out so it's okay" he says. i smile and thank him. we go to the main room and see sebastian and mey-rin setting two tables.

"what can i help with?" i ask. both turn and wave at me.

"baldroy is supposed to be done with decorating the sweets, can you bring me the cart?" sebastian asks. i nod and walk towards the kitchen. ah i hope he didn't burn them. i walk in and see baldroy holding a bag of frosting and carefully finishing the last cupcake.

"this all looks so good" i say. he looks up and gives me a smile before turning back to his cupcake. there were a lot of sweets but also a big bowl of soup and different courses. "are the sweets for lizzie and the others?"

"yeah she requested them" baldroy says. he puts the bag down and wipes his forehead. "sebastian said if i did all of them right then he might consider giving me my flamethrower."

"well you did so amazing" i say. the cupcakes were magenta and dark blue with maroon frosting. "so classy but sweet."

baldroy throws on some yellow sprinkles and tells me it's okay to take them now. i roll out the cart when i reach the others i see ciel talking to sebastian. i just look away and start sorting the cupcakes. there was a small glass cupcake holder which made it seem so cute. mey-rin and finny are hanging up streamers.

i kneel and look into the second level of the cart which had brownies with the same colored frosting and sprinkles. the third level had chocolate covered strawberries with white chocolate straws on top.

"y/n, please don't eat one now" sebastian says. i jump and stand up. "you'll be able to eat all you want during the ball."

"i-i wasn't going to" i say. "baldroy just did a really good job."

"he told you about the deal" sebastian chuckles. "but after this, i might just give it back."

i chuckle and start setting the brownies on a big plate.

"oh by the way, i put your dress in your room" sebastian says.

"i'm not weari-" he cuts me off.

"don't worry," he says. "i made it myself."

i just look at him and he holds his gloved finger to his lips.

-

a few hours pass by and ciel rounds us up.

"lock the rooms that will not be used and are private," he says. "but leave the guest rooms in case one of our guests consume too much but again we are not a hotel so do not let them sleep over."

"yes kindly wake them up and offer a glass of water," sebastian says. "then report to me so i can call a carriage."

"now get ready because the guests will be here in thirty minutes" ciel says. we disperse and i head up the stairs and to my room. i have a feeling this ball might cheer me up.

"y/n" i turn to see ciel looking at me but i look away.

"yes?"

"you don't have to introduce yourself or stay with me throughout the ball," ciel says. "but do be dressed and socialize."

i nod and turn back. i walk into my room and see my dress on a mannequin. it's beautiful. the dress is a beautiful maroon color, reminds me of the frosting, and the neckline is littered with rhinestones. i'm not really a fan of them but they compliment the dress nicely.

sebastian is a hell of an artist.