1.3

i stand at ciel's desk. i slapped him pretty hard the last i was in here.

"again... did you see him in town?" ciel asks. this time he wasn't working on papers but he was fiddling with one of his pens. i guess it's still hard for us to face each other.

"who?" i ask. honestly, i didn't really want ciel in my issues and take care of them. i want to do them myself.

ciel stands up and grabs something off the floor behind his desk. he lifts his arms and drops the shopping bags on his desk. i blink and this time we make eye contact.

"what happened?" he asks. his blue eye practically stares right through me.

"nothing really," i say, trying to hold the eye contact. "he just offered to take my stuff home so i won't have to carry it and we walked for a bit."

he digs his hand in one of the bags and pulls out a note. oh my god he left a note?! wait did claude leave it or alois?

please don't read it.

"dear y/n," ugh. "i loved our encounter today and i already miss you so much. remember what i said, love. i'll see you real soon."

ciel places the note back down and i sigh.

"you should stay inside for a few days" he says.

"until what?" i ask.

"until i say it's safe" he answers quickly. i roll my eyes at him. this makes me tired. that encounter did scare me a little.

"what will i do in here?" i ask. "i can't just stay in my room for a few days."

"i'll find something for you to do," he says. "you should go on and sleep."

i didn't even notice it was dark. i nod and head for the door until his voice stops me.

"i know we're not the closest but i still worry about you," he says. "you are my responsibility and i will protect because you are part of the phantomhive family."

"... thank you" i mutter. my cheeks flare up out of possible embarrassment.

"and i'm sorry for what i said the last time we were in here," he says, getting quieter. "i didn't mean it."

i smile and walk out of his study. quietly closing the door, i lean against the wall and try to keep myself from smiling.

family can be such a weird thing.

-

i open my eyes and realize i'm catching my breath. i fell asleep after going into my room but why have i woken up?

a nightmare.

i was back in town and running from someone. i sit up in my bed and see the moonlight flooding in my room. i stand up from my bed and rub my eyes.

I find the candles and matches. i want some water. i light a candle and walk out of my room and down the hall. this place is so different in the dark.

it's giving me goosebumps.

i keep and walking and come to ciel's room to see his room lit. is he really still up? i hear voices. i think sebastian is in there with him.

getting closer, their conversation gets clearer.

"sebastian, do something about that pesky boy" ciel says. i lower my candle and try to get a peak in.

"master, i'm afraid he hasn't really done anything yet," sebastian says. "we should remain patient."

"since when did you care about that?" ciel asks. are they talking about alois?

"you humans are very entertaining" what? why is he talking like that? i peak in and see ciel on his bed, sitting up and look at sebastian. the tall man's back was towards me so i can only see ciel's face.

ciel's hands go behind his head and i see him taking off his eye patch. ciel had told me he was injured in the fire but i have never seen the injury.

the patch falls and i hold my breath. oh my god.

"protect this manor and the blood that lives in it," he says. "that is an order."

"yes, my lord" the mark on his eye starts to glow purple. what the hell?! i cover my mouth and gulp. i quickly blow out my candle. i look at the mirror next to the bed and see sebastian's eyes.

they're glowing.

i back away and start walking fast to my room, using the wall and moonlight to guide me back safely.

my mind races as fast my heart. what was that? what the hell are they? are they even human?!

i don't know what to do.