0.5

after practically being shoved by sebastian, i go by the table and take two brownies and two chocolate covered strawberries. the place is getting pretty crowded.

i eat the sweets and just observe. everyone seems to be having a good time and even ciel looks satisfied.

"your dress is beautiful" i turn around to see a tall blond man. "what's your name, little robin?"

did he just call me a bird?

"i'm y/n l/n" i say. "and you are?"

"viscount aleistor chamber" he says. the man takes my hand and kisses it. i smile and just nod my head.

"n-nice to meet you" i say. he looks me up and down.

"you are so beautiful" he says. i smile and thank him. he gives off such a creepy vibe.

"ah aleistor" ciel comes in. "it's good to know you made it."

"ciel! who is this fine young robin? keeping her to yourself? how selfish" he says. ciel cringes at the word 'robin.'

"she's my cousin" ciel informs. the man frowns.

"ah what a shame" the man sighs. "she would've had a high price."

high price? the man walks away and i just stay quiet.

"he's in the human trafficking business" ciel says. "you're welcome."

"i don't need your help" i mutter. i walk away and try to find sebastian or at least mey-rin. the music starts and the floor clears. couples go on the dance floor but i just keep moving. should i just go somewhere quiet?

maybe the library.

i take some food and go upstairs. the music fades as i walk more and reach the library. it's already open. i stand by and get close enough to hear what's going on inside.

"aww ciel has bad taste in books" i hear. "clau-"

I hear a thud and footsteps so i turn to look inside but the person bumps into me harshly. my food almost falls but it's still okay.

"ouch!" my head aches and i look to see blue eyes staring at me.

"watch it!" i hear them spat. it's a boy. he looks around my age, maybe even younger. his bright blue eyes glare at me. "well? aren't you going to say sorry?"

"why? i didn't bump into you" i say. is he serious?

"you were in my way" he says. "so say sorry."

"no" i give him a dirty look and decide to walk back downstairs to the party. fucking brat. i finish my brownie and see everyone still dancing.

they're wearing masks? i get to the floor and sebastian comes up to me.

"lady elizabeth requested these" he says, holding out a black masquerade mask.

"birthday party turning into a masquerade ball?" i ask, taking the mask. he nods and puts his mask on and so do i.

"make sure to find a dancing partner" he says.

"i'll try" he disappears into the crowd and i just look around at the crowd, full of brunettes, redheads, and blondes. the music gets a bit louder. i do love dancing but dancing doesn't exactly love me back. i just go around the crowd and watch others dance together. it was elegant and some moved so smoothly, it looked unreal.

like a dream.

"would you care to dance?" i'm stopped by a blonde and he reaches his hand towards mine.

"sure" i grab his hand and he puts it on my shoulder. i feel his right hand on my waist as he pulls me closer. the instruments resonate through the hall and we dance.

"so are you having a good time?" i ask, trying to make things less awkward.

"the best!" he answers. "ciel never invites me to his parties and stuff but i'm finally here!"

his bright eyes hold a lot of energy.

"that's good" i say. his eyes stare into mine for a while until i get embarrassed and look away. his tone and choice of words make me think he's around my age. he makes more conversation.

"your dress is stunning" he says. "i can't keep my eyes off of you."

i slightly smile as my face flares up.

"you're being too kind" i chuckle. he doesn't say anything back but continues to stare at me.

we dance a while longer until the music changes to a faster song. me and the boy go to the table of food. i'm actually tired but i don't think sebastian would let me go up to my room. i watch ciel and liz dancing in the middle.

i don't know how she could possibly stand him but to each their own. liz is really different from ciel but i know they knew each other longer than i've known both of them so it even makes sense for ciel to act tolerable for her.

"you know them?" the boy asks.

"yeah somewhat" i say. well i'm related to them. the song finishes and both ciel and liz depart. sebastian approaches ciel and whispers something in his ear.

"these are so good!" i turn to see the boy eating the sweets. "try some!"

he shoves a couple strawberries in my hands and i quickly hold them properly. i chuckle and eat the snacks. he acts like a child and it's sort of cute but from his attire, he should be acting mature.

i look at him to see smeared chocolate on the corners of his mouth. i grab a napkin and hold it out to him.

"um you have some right there" i point to my mouth with my other hand but he just extends his face out towards me.

does... he want me to wipe it off for him?

"please" he extends the word and i can't help but smile a little. it's cute.

i sigh and gently wipe off the chocolate on the napkin. i feel his eyes on me but i just keep wiping until he's clean.

"thank you!" his smile turns into a smirk. "so what is your name?"

his hand grabs my chin unexpectedly, making me jump and try to step back but he has a good grip on my chin. okay this is getting a little intense.

"i-i'm-"

"y/n" the boy looks behind me and lets go of my chin. i look back to see ciel and sebastian with their masks off.

"ciel!" the boy cheers and takes his mask off. it's the boy that bumped into me. "what a surprise!"

"i thought i told you, you weren't invited" he says. this boy isn't even supposed to be here? i step back from the blonde boy and closer to sebastian. the boy looks at me.

"i couldn't pass this up" he laughs. "especially now that i met her."