1.0

"b-baldroy, go get master ciel" mey-rin says. "now."

the chef stammers and gets up.

"keep planting," finny says. "just stay calm."

i kneel down into the fresh moist soil and make a hole. finny and mey-rin do the same but in complete silence. a chill runs down my spine and i plant the seeds. i cover the hole with the soil and pat it down.

"okay, sebastian is coming" mey-rin whispers. we all turn to see sebastian approaching the boy. i can see him talking and alois meets his gaze.

"miss l/n," finny starts. "you should join master ciel inside."

"but i... want to garden with you guys" i say, frowning. finny gives me a frown as well so i give in. "okay."

i stand up and dust my lap and knees. the two of them continue gardening and i walk back inside. i turn to sebastian and alois to see the boy looking straight at me. i feel my cheeks heat up so i give a small smile and a wave.

alois throws me a huge smile despite the fact that sebastian has been scolding him for landing on a bush he had trimmed neatly.

i go back inside to see ciel looking out the window at his butler and the unexpected guest.

"i told you," ciel says. "he's going to keep coming back."

"i was just being nice" i say.

"get cleaned up, we're going into town" ciel says.

-

after getting ready, i join ciel and sebastian at the door. sebastian opens the door for us and we step out to the carriage.

"um sebastian, what did alois want?" i ask.

"he came looking for you," he says. "he insisted you were home and wanted to see for himself."

"get in" ciel says. i join him inside and take a seat next to sebastian.

the ride is peaceful while sebastian recites the schedule for today. it's mostly just picking up items.

i tap my fingers lightly in a rhythm. the carriage stops in the town and we step out.

"miss l/n, you can go shopping if you'd like," sebastian says. "we might be a while and it can get a little dangerous."

he hands me a card and i take it.

"is that okay? i'll be fine with you guys" i say.

"no. now meet us here in roughly three hours," ciel says. "if you cannot wait then you can head on home but if you do run into danger, go into the funeral home."

i can feel his eye on me but i just look at the stores and nod. why the funeral home?

we part ways and i walk down and look into the windows of the stores. i walk into a bookstore.

"welcome!" a woman comes up to me. "i'm margaret, are you looking for anything specific?"

"no i'm just browsing" i say. "thank you."

margaret nods and goes back to organizing. i look at the shelves as my fingers glide across the old covers.

i leave the store with a goodbye from the woman and go into a shoe store next. i see a pair of black boots and the same pair but in a soft pink color.

"these are adorable" i mutter. the store owner pops out from the counter.

"these are very popular lately," he says. "would you like to try them?"

"yes please" i tell him my shoe size and about twenty minutes later i walk out with four new pairs of shoes.

I am satisfied.

after walking to other stores, an hour as barely passed and i have a lot of bags on my arms. it's getting pretty dark now.

"what should i do now?" i mutter. it's still busy around here so i just walk around but my arms start to get tired. i should've asked one of the trio so come with me.

"hey y/n!" i turn to see alois walking towards me. a chill runs up my spine.