Chapter 9: This place needs a makeover

It was currently winter and the temperature outside was undoubtedly very cold for a cub who had just hatched.

It was very quiet during the night, the other cubs were asleep in their nests and the caretakers had returned to the staff quarters, well all but one, after all someone still had to look after the cubs at night.

Since Zhao Chuan was fired, it was Lin Yi turn to care of the cubs tonight. However, Lin Yi, who was asleep, was totally unaware that not far from him, a young cub, just after breaking the shell, had not only left the hatching room by himself, but even walked outside alone.

Wandering wantonly in the dark, the newborn cub found an unknown object with residual smell, and then soon, he found another. The outside was very cold and it made the small cub slightly lower his head, pulling it closer as he brazed the chilling wind. But his light blue eyes were very lively and determined, contracted into slits as he observed the dark around him.

Following the scent, the cub entered a building, and after a while, the cub came to a closed wooden door. The Knox race had superb perception and the shallow breathing coming from inside made the cub unconsciously move his ears.

Opening the door, the cub entered the room and saw a the dark haired youth peacefully lying with closed eyes on the mattress.

When sleeping, the youth's eyebrows relaxed and the expression he gave was very soft and gentle. It did not hold any aggression, and made others feel extraordinarily peaceful.

The closer he got, the more clearer he could feel the scent of the youth. It seemed that he had finally found the person he was looking for. The cub got into the quilt covering the youth and laid down on the youth's chest.

The dark environment had almost no effect on races with night vision, and although there was a sense of mental fatigue, the cub stubbornly held his eyes open and looked at youth sleeping quietly.

When he woke up the next day, Xie Tao was stunned.

When waking up, his sleepiness did not disappeared directly and Xie Tao still had his eyes closed when he noticed the weight pressing on his chest.

The weight made Xie Tao a little confused but as he was still in between sleeping and fully conscious, his mind was a little muddled. He therefore didn't think much about it and only raised his hand to push it away, but when he touched it... Fluffy, so soft.

Wait, this feeling...?

Suddenly realizing what it resembled, Xie Tao hurriedly opened his eyes and looked down only to meet a pair of blue eyes.

Actually, it was more of a very light cyan, like the sky during a cold winter, very clean and transparent, but it was easy to make people have the illusion of coldness.

His hand was on the back of the cub, and at this time when Xie Tao was slightly stunned, he heard a low-pitched sound from the cub, "Mah."

Its voice made Xie Tao wake up in an instant, and he cupped his hand under the cub as he immediately sat up.

This cub was not one of those Xie Tao had seen in the club, but it could not have appeared out of thin air. The only possibility was therefore that one of the eggs in the incubator had hatched.

But he didn't have time to think about how the cub had managed to get from the hatching room to his room. He hurriedly wrapped the cub in the quilt and carefully took it into his arms, as close as possible to his body, hoping to use his body temperature to warm the cub.

After finishing this series of actions at the fastest speed possible, Xie Tao relaxed a bit.

"Is it still cold?"