Chapter 29: To Yunbao Branch

The big bird was flying with his small cub. Xie Tao followed them with his eyes as they soared high above and after a while, he lowered his head and touched the back feathers of the two fluffy cubs in his arms.

"Tiuh-tiuh."

Although their hearts were filled with longing and they were very envious, the cubs obediently stayed in Xie Tao's arms and gazed up at the sky. When they felt their back feathers being touched, they chirped and turned their heads to look up at Xie Tao before snuggling into his shirt.

The fluffy Kuwei cub with yellow feathers was called Rawei and the gray Cotto cub was called Leeds. [1] Xie Tao silently stroked the two fluffy cubs for a while and then said, "Should I fly with you later?"

When he spoke this sentence, Xie Tao did not stop to think how he, as a human being, would be able to fly with them like the Kuthi cub's father had. He simply asked this first.

"Tiuh! Tiuh! Tiuh!"

As soon as the youth said this, the two fluffy cubs immediately raised their heads and chirped in excitement, they seemed very happy.

Lightly poking the two lively cubs' soft chests and bellies, Xie Tao mentally noted down this matter and started contemplating on how to do this.

This was the interstellar era, certainly there must exist some kind of equipment that could let him accomplish this and make him able to fly in the sky.

For example... maybe something similar to the equipment of Iron Man?

Xie Tao did not think too deeply about this for the time being.

Ultimately, some adults of the same race as the two cubs might come and apply for guardianship. After all, these two cubs were so good, so cute, so outstanding—

In the heart of Xie Tao, who had already attained the mentality of a parent, all the cubs in their club were good cubs who deserved being spoiled and pampered.

After listening to the two cubs' response, Xie Tao felt his neck and cheek being rubbed by something fluffy.

Already accustomed to being rubbed by the Knox cub on his shoulder, Xie Tao turned his head and took the initiative to return the gentle rub.

The Knox started emitting a low hum as he got nuzzled by the youth and his pupils seemed to slightly tighten with stratification.

By the time the huge Phoenix-like creature and the little red cub had completed the parent-child activity and the cub and father came face to face once again, the fluffy cub showed almost no timidity when meeting the father's usual stern face. 

When the pair now approached Fuya and Xie Tao together, the little cub was even squatting on top of his father's head, his small claws clutching the hair of similar color.

A stern, cold-faced man, with a small round fluffy cub on his head.... this scene, it really made one feel an absurd contrast...

However, for Fuya, seeing this scene only filled her with joy. That her husband and their cub got along so well, this truly was the best possible outcome.

Xie Tao was naturally also very happy to see that everything had turned out well and that the Kuhti cub had two parents who loved him dearly.

"Our Peipei... I will have to ask that your club continue to care for him in the future." When he said these carefully chosen words, the man's stern face held a barely noticeable embarrassment.

Not long ago, he had used a tough unyielding attitude and the same questioning tone to ask his wife why she had sent their cub to an unfamous nursing club.