Chapter 64: Did they meet with danger?

Just now, a baby muka hatched. Xie Luan held this little baby in his arms, his brain slowly recovering from the shock.

The newborn muka cub was only a little bigger than an average rabbit, it was very easy for Xie Luan to hold this cub in his arms. It could be said that such a young muka was truly a real baby in every sense.

A moment ago, when the newborn muka cub hatched, she had almost immediately found her target and approached the familiar youth. After leaning into the youth's embrace, the muka cub soon snuggled against him subconsciously.

The cub's egg had been very active before it hatched, it had therefore been within Xie Luan's expectations that this baby would be the very first to hatch.

However, despite this prediction, when he woke up to see the baby breaking out of its shell, Xie Luan had still been a little taken aback.

Feeling the cub hesitantly rub against his chest and then trying again, Xie Luan lowered his head. The muka baby snuggling him looked up at him with the mukas' iconic scarlet eyes and called out to him with a very low hiss.

This was a healthy cub.

After observing, Xie Luan determined this in his heart.

It was not just Xie Luan who was looking at the baby muka. The ones sleeping next to him had already woken up and Ya Yi, as well as the much bigger muka cub, were also watching the cub resting in the youth's embrace.

There was always a special and wonderful feeling when seeing a small new life come into the world with one's very own eyes.

Life was the most incredible thing in the whole universe, regardless of which race you belonged to.

Although he didn't know what this feeling was, the muka cub walked closer to the youth. With his scarlet eyes he looked down at the cub nestled in his arms who was of the same race, she was so much smaller than him. Nick also immediately issued a low hiss from his throat.

"Nick was also a small baby when just born."

Holding the still very young newborn in his embrace with one hand, Xie Luan freed his left hand to touch the somewhat lowered head of the nearby muka cub and slowly said this sentence.

The youth's words made this muka cub tilt his head. Regarding the time when he had just hatched, this cub could actually already not remember much.

He couldn't imagine that he had ever been that small before. This muka cub all of a sudden lowered his head once more and carefully tried to snuggle Xie Luan lightly.

Seeing the youth hold the other cub, the muka cub by instinct naturally wanted the youth to hold him as well. But the muka cub knew that Xie Luan couldn't hold him, so he at once stopped this impulse and instead snuggled into Xie Luan's embrace.

He also wanted to be carried by the youth, but between being a small baby and being a big baby, this muka cub would still actually choose the latter.

The reason was very simple. As before, it was because he wanted to grow up so that he would have better combat abilities.

When he grew up, he would be able to protect the youth.

Although he could not carry the large cub, Xie Luan opened his arms to hug the muka cub and raised his hand to lightly pat the cub twice on his sharp forearm.

Cubs of the muka race possessed considerable combat strength— Xie Luan did not doubt this. But he felt that this sentence should be changed to exclude newborn muka cubs.

The external body of the muka race seemed ice-cold and hard, but the newborn muka cub in Xie Luan's arms was so small. Even if the body really was hard when he touched it with his hand, in his heart Xie Luan still felt that the cub in his embrace was soft.