Chapter 25: What happened, did I win?

The golden circles that appeared in the air also served to mark out the race course for the cubs competing.

For the audience, in addition to the holographic image showing the cubs, there was also a map of the race course placed beside the finish line. On the map were small red dots that showed the cubs movements and they seemed to already flown two-thirds of the race.

Although a Kuhti cub had now separated from the horde and was closing in on the Kuwei, there were only a third of the track left until the finish line. The probability of success was small and if the cub wanted to win, it would be a hard feat...

The commentator of the contest could of course sense where the audience's interest laid and in order to cater to the masses, let the cameras focus on the Kuhti cub.

The cubs of the Kuhti, Kuwei and Cotto race were all round and fluffy. In adulthood they could be called masters of the sky, but as cubs the sky was still something unfamiliar that they had to explore, a challenge that they had to overcome.

A cub with ample light red feathers who was flapping its small wings with all it got, appeared on the screen and was clearly shown to the whole audience as the lens zoomed in.

The cub was not focusing on the Kuwei cub in front of him, but was instead flapping his wings with great concentration and eyeing a golden circle that had appeared nearby.

At this moment, as the cub rounded a corner, another golden circle appeared without warning right above the Kuhti cub. The audience could not help but tense up when they saw this.

It would probably be missed...

The circle's timing as well as its position made the task extremely difficult, and they would not blame the cub even if it missed the circle.

With this in mind, the audience did not expect much.

But in the next second, the image shown on the screen left everyone in awe.

With a very skillful maneuver, the Kuhti cub flew up and through the golden circle above it, successfully gaining a point.

"Peipei..." In the audience, Fuya raised her hands to cover her mouth, her shoulders were stretched taut and she repeatedly blinked her blurry eyes as she looked up at the screen.

The main reason that she had wanted her cub to participate in the flying competition was actually because she remembered the longing her cub had once showed when they had watched it together. The fact that it also gave her the opportunity to change the way Tanner behaved towards their cub was only a small part of it.

In her view, it did not matter what ranking the cub got, the burden of upholding the family's reputation was not be something a cub should bear.

However, with that said, seeing the scene in front of her, was undoubtedly a very pleasant surprise. For her little Peipei to have advanced so rapidly...

When Xie Tao saw the Kuhti cub successfully pass through the golden circle, he did not show any obvious excitement, however his eyes and eyebrows could not help but lower.

The difficult part of the race had already been mastered by their cubs. They had gone over it many times before, with many different scenarios, and out of the three cubs, the Kuhti cub had been the one who trained the hardest.

Once his wings got tired, he would take a break. But it usually was not long before Xie Tao once again saw the cub practicing the maneuvers over and over in order to overcome the difficult part.

The difficult part in the competition had not changed over the years and after training so rigorously, Xie Tao believed that when it came to flying techniques, the Kuhti cub would not lose to anyone.