Chapter 11: Ya Yi

Gatekeeper?

Hearing Xie Tao's words, Xia Qi moved her gaze to the rugged man in front of her. After a few seconds of examination, she finally nodded, agreeing to Xie Tao's proposition.

At a first glance, the middle age man gave a bad impression with his unkempt stumble, long hair and wrinkled clothes, but Xia Qi could see that he had a good physique and he theoretically therefore had the ability to work as a guard at their club.

There was of course the problem of his behavior but seeing as he insisted on repaying, Xia Qi felt that although his behavior of just rushing in without thinking had not been appropriate, his heart should still be good and even quite honest.

Thinking of this, Xia Qi said: "The guards wages will be lower than the caretakers' and our accountant's, but it is still 3,000 and our employees are also provided with food and a place to live."

"If the work is done well and you want to stay after one year, then you will receive a raise." This was not Xia Qi's decision, Xie Tao had already given her the terms for each occupation when she was responsible for interviewing and picking people.

The reason that Xia Qi added the last part was that she felt that the person in front of her looked too unemployed. If he was to be dismissed later, his days may become very bitter. So if he did a good job and was willing to work hard afterwards, it would not be impossible for them to continue to provide a job for him even after one year.

Hearing the salary of 3000, the supposed new "gatekeeper", a general who led armies to crush countless enemies, listened to their words with a stiff face. Zarad then nodded but it took a while before he was able to squeeze out a reply in between his clenched teeth: "...ok."

Originally, Zarad had been ready. No matter how much money the young man wanted, he would immediately agree without blinking. But he had never imagined that the young man in front of him would not follow the routine!

However, in order to restore his abilities, this requirement was nothing at all. Zarad made sure to repeatedly persuaded himself in his heart.

Wasn't it just to work one year as a guard at this Cub Raising branch? Guarding the gate was also a legitimate profession and any legitimate profession was worth respecting. Thinking this, Zarad pushed aside all his unnecessary thoughts and calmed down.

"Then let's sign the contract." Xia Qi had always been a straightforward person and hearing that he agreed, she immediately went to the office to fetch the contract.

The man did not read through the contract and just signed it directly. When signing he slightly paused but he then used his real name, there were many people with the same name in the universe so Zarad[1] did not worry too much about using it.

"Zarad...?" Xia Qi looked at the name on the contract and could not help but to give the other a look over before sighing.

He had the same name as the general of the Star Alliance, as the great hero who maintained the peace in the universe, but this person really didn't match the image she had in her mind.

"What's wrong?" Noticing Xia Qi's reaction, Xie Tao asked.

"Nothing." Xia Qi shook her head. "It's just that the name of our new colleague is exactly the same as a big hero I admire. General Zarad of the Star Alliance, I'm his fan!"