Chapter 27: Realizing one's mistake

The ten fluffy cubs on the winners podium were in the spotlight and the attention given was like being immersed in a warm, shiny and bright aura. Standing high above the crowd, with the gleaming medal around their neck, they received countless cheers and praise from the adults.

In the beginning, Xie Tao had also encouraged the cubs on the podium. But after a while, he lifted the round cub crouching on his left shoulder and held him in his arms.

Meeting those cyan eyes, he touched the small horns through the cloak and snuck a hand in under the fabric to stroke the cub's soft back.

"Meaah." The light cyan eyes attentively watched the youth as he called out to him.

Since it would be inconvenient if many people saw the Knox cub, the cub needed to wear the small cloak before he went outside. Compared to the other cubs who could explore the world and enjoy the praise and attention of others, this Knox cub had to hide himself and was not allowed to shine at his brightest.

Thinking about the cub's situation and watching the lively scene in front of him, Xie Tao continued to gently stroke the back of the cub, expressing comfort.

The cub in his embrace was unusually complying and Xie Tao could feel the cub snuggle against his chest as he started emitting low vibrations from his throat.

"Baby." Because the cub was so well behaved, Xie Tao pulled the hood on the cub's head back a bit and lowered his head to plant a kiss on the fluffy cub's forehead.

The light touch on his head had made the Knox cub unconsciously issue a high pitched sound from his throat, and the tip of the small fluffy tail became exposed below the cloak's edge as it went limp and fell down. Looking up at the youth who had raised his head again, the tail slowly started to recover, moving left and right before lifting the tip high.

"Meaah-"

The pupils gazing up at the youth were slightly contracted and as he called out to him, the cub swept his soft tail across the back of the youth's hand in an attempt to half-hook around the youth's wrist.

But this time, Xie Tao's hand was still a little too far away for the small tail. It managed to touch it, but it was not easy to half hook around it.

Feeling the soft touch near his wrist, Xie Tao looked down and saw the little tail trying hard to hook around his wrist.

Unable to stop the corner of his lip from rising, Xie Tao moved his hand a bit so that the fluffy tail could smoothly complete the wrist movement.

At the end of the award ceremony, Xie Tao took the three cubs off the winners podium. The three round cubs wore different colored medals and even though they were now sitting in his embrace, their small chests were still raised high. It seemed that to them it was still important to keep this posture.

Xie Tao did not want to dampen or interrupt their cheerful mood and only lightly touched the small chests that were sticking out.

Fluffy and soft, with the warmth of a cub.

The Cub Flying Competition was a highly regarded event among the Kuhti, Kuwei and Cotto race. As they all cared about the cubs of their own races, the event got a lot of attention and it was a fun way to strengthen their friendship.

Although other races in the Interstellar did not pay as much attention to this competition, such a large scale event jointly organized by three different races where of course widely known of.

After the following closing ceremony, this year's Cub Flying Competition hosted by the Kuhti race, had officially come to an end.

During the competition, a discussion had stated on Xingyou and even though the exciting contest had ended, the interest in the topic still lived on and had increased even further.