XII. My Prince (edited)

"Man, Noah, it was amazing," Connor said with a sigh as I walked through the halls with him. "I know I've only known her for a few days but I really like her."

"Awe, my boy has finally found a girl he likes," I joked as I hooked my arm around his neck and dug my fist into his head in a playful noogie. It'd been a while since he's actually liked a girl and seeing him so head over heels for the girl he'd been hanging out with after only a few days warmed my heart.

"Ha ha ha, very funny, Noah," he deadpanned as he lightly shoved me off. "But that's enough about me. How about you? Anyone catching your eye?"

I found the corners of my lips slightly turn up as I looked down in an effort to hide my expression, the very thought of Madison bringing a smile to my face. "Kind of," I admitted, not necessarily lying, just withholding parts of the truth. I had found someone....my boyfriend.

"Okay, first of all, when did this happen? And second off, tell me everything. You had me spill my guts, now it's time for you to spill yours," Connor pressed, causing me to casually adjust my collar in order to hide the hickies that were taking forever to fade. I was getting tired of wearing sweatshirts to school and turtlenecks to soccer.

"There's not much to tell," I said, though I wanted to tell him everything about Mads– how his smile brought me to my knees, how amazing his arms felt around me, how perfectly he said my name. Everything. But despite the overwhelming praises that built up on. my tongue, I just wasn't ready yet.

"Can you at least tell me a name?" Connor begged as we approached his class.

I thought about it, contemplating if telling him would be too revealing, but then I remembered the number of Madison's that attended this school and I decided to throw caution to the wind. "Madison," I said as we approached his classroom. He opened his mouth to say something else but I quickly cut him off. "Nope. No more questions from you for a while. I'll see you at lunch, and bring your new lady friend. I want to meet her." He didn't have time to respond before I hurried back down the hall, not only to avoid any more questions but to also make it to Mr. Hill's classroom before the bell.

Once I made it, he wasted no time giving us our assignments for the day, per usual, and we got to work. I was about to start my assignment when I remembered that I had something for him. I quickly dug out the signed book I'd gotten on Wednesday, glad I'd actually remembered to bring it after forgetting to for so many days in a row. He was typing away at his computer but looked up when I approached. "Ah, Noah. I hope you've come to tell me that you've finished your final story for your portfolio," he said, taking off the glasses that he had balanced on his nose, looking up at me expectantly.

"Sorry, Mr. H. I wish I could, but I'm still trying to find my story to tell, you know?"

A look of disappointment flashed across his eyes, but he gave me an understanding nod. "Fine, I won't get on your case about it anymore, but just know that you need to hurry. You don't have that much time and a college with this kind of reputation rarely gives out second chances."

"I understand," I nodded. "I just need to find the perfect angle for my story."

He nodded once more. "What did you come over here to talk about then?"

"I brought you this," I said, revealing the book and sliding it across his desk to him. "My friend took me to a book signing and I really liked the book and thought you would too. I mean, you better or you owe me fifteen bucks," I chuckled.

He chuckled too, taking the book and reading the synopsis on the inside cover. "This seems interesting. I'll get started on it when I find a break from all you annoying kids," he said with a playful grin before he shooed me away. "Go now. I'm tired of you. You're taking up all my precious air with your talking." I merely laughed before I returned to my seat and worked on my assignment.