XXXII. Stares (edited)

I expected to wake up in Madison's arms with his fingers trailing up and down my back or him kissing me to wake up once he got tired of waiting or even him still fast asleep while he spooned me. But I got none of those things. I woke up alone.

Panic quickly filled my chest as I got up and quickly slid on a pair of boxers. What if he'd had an emotional break while I was sleeping and now he was running around out there somewhere alone and probably afraid? I looked on the nightstand and my fears grew as my eyes landed on his phone and wallet sitting idly on the nightstand.

I wasted no time grabbing my own keys and phone and hurried out the bedroom door, not caring that I was still naked other than my boxers or that the sudden movements hurt. I just wanted to make sure that he was safe.

I was hurrying past the kitchen toward the front door when a voice said, "Woah, babe. Whatcha rushin' for?" I jumped as I quickly turned around just to see Madison standing over the oven as bacon sizzled and amazing aromas filled the air. His hair was disheveled and his eyes were still a bit tired, but the smile he wore on his face made my heart melt. He was also only wearing his briefs, which made his butt look amazing. Almost as amazing as it had felt.

I let out a sigh of relief as I made my way over to him and set my keys and phone down on the table. "Babe, you scared me," I softly admitted as he approached me. "I was afraid you'd left or something."

"And miss the beautiful sight of seeing you in the morning?" He kissed the tip of my nose. "Never."

I smiled up at him before I slightly craned my neck up and kissed him again, placing my hands on his butt. He chuckled against my lips but didn't object. "You know, I debated doing this the way I'd dreamt about it before," he said as he pulled away. "I was gonna sneak out from under you and make you breakfast so you'd wander out here all sleep-eyed and adorable and we'd have what my family had called a little Italian breakfast."

My eyebrows furrowed. "Is that not what we're doing now?"

"Almost," he said before he leaned in so that his mouth was less than in inch away from my ear. He whispered, "except, I would be naked."

I bit my bottom lip.

That would've been my perfect morning.

He grinned seeing my excitement before he kissed me again. "Sit down, I'm almost done," he instructed as he headed back toward the oven to finish his "little Italian breakfast". I noticed that his walk was a bit off and I found the corners of my mouth turning up ever so slightly.

I tried to take my place on the counter, but when I tried to prop myself up, I was met with extreme discomfort. It was borderline painful. This caused a slight wince to escape my mouth and Madison instantly turned around. I avoided his eyes, feeling a bit embarrassed that he was doing virtually fine and I couldn't even sit. "Mi dispiace (I'm sorry), Noah," he gently said as he kissed my forehead then in one swift movement, he lifted me up into the counter. "The first time is the worst, but it'll get better. But I warned you about this last night," he joked, though one thing was running around my mind. How many times had he done this? I knew he said he loved me, but this was my first time. How did I...compare?

Unable to keep my thoughts I silent I cleared my throat. "Uh, Mads..?"

"Yeah?" He asked as he continued working.

"Um...how many times have you..." I trailed, too embarrassed to finish the sentence.

Picking up on what I was asking, Madison turned around, an eyebrow slightly higher than another. "Made love?"

I nodded, a bit bashful.

"This is my second time being with someone, my first time was a drunk mistake in high school, but last night was the first time I truly made love and I loved every second of it."