THE SPIN OFF IS UP!

Hey y'all! I just wanted to let y'all know that the spin-off to this book titled "Break In My Heart" is now up on my profile. It follows Addy as he figures out his sexuality and his overall want for life. Here's a sneak peak!!:

I was at my dead "grandpa's" funeral and all I could think about was when I was going to see him again. And not "him" as in the dirtbag that called himself my grandfather, no. I couldn't care less if I ever saw him again. Him as in the boy who shouldn't be running through my thoughts day and night. Tyler. Even thinking his name caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up and my heart to skip a beat. And though a part of me loved it, another part of me was scared.

I tried to focus on what was happening in front of me: my "grandpa's" casket was being lowered into the ground in the small town where Papa and Padre had grown up, met each other, and fallen in love. A small town that also harbored the team of homophobes that beat Padre for being gay. A team that my "grandpa" had sent.

No matter how hard he'd tried, I just couldn't forgive him. I couldn't see him as being a genuine grandfather, and as I watched him being lowered in the ground, I couldn't tell if I regretted it or not.

Next to me, Papa was tearing up. Despite what his father had done to him and Padre, he still loved him, and I couldn't blame him. It had been Papa and his dad for the longest time. They had memories. A history filled with laughter and love that ended with hatred and violence. Padre stood next to him with his arms wrapped around Papa as he gently rubbed his back in the way that calmed him down. I couldn't quite read his expression though.  Next to me, Azalea was tearing up a bit too. She tried to see the good in everyone, even "him", so when he died, she took it harder than I did. She was trying to find his good. I didn't know if she'd found it or not. And other than the doctors who'd been at the funeral, no one else was at the burial site. Nona opted to stay with Adryan and Emmy, but even if they didn't need someone to take care of them, she wouldn't have come anyway. She hated him more than I did, and that was saying a lot.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I had to fight the urge to instantly grab it to see if it was Tyler texting me. We'd been texting back and forth since I'd left home to come back here. I'd been bouncing back and forth between here and New York since Papa and Padre found out that Papa's father was sick, and though the constant travel sucked, I didn't mind the extra excuse to text Tyler. Yeah, it might've been a simple "how was school?" or "did I miss anything important?", but the small grin that always tugged at the edge of my lips made it worth it. But it shouldn't have.

***
So yeah, if you wanna check it out it's live on my profile! See you over there!