Welcome Home (Bonus) (edited)

Quick reminder: the next chapter of this book is available for early access for 10000% FREE on Inkitt! Just use the link in the very bottom of my wattpad bio and you can read the next adorable bonus chapter I wrote centered around one of the kids you're going to meet in the chapter!

Also, I added a song to this chapter so feel free to listen as you read. Enjoy!
***
Noah's POV

My heart was racing with excitement as the elevator doors slid open. I wasted no time stepping out and hurrying to the door that held the loves of my life behind it, my two suitcases loudly rolling behind me. As soon as I made it to the door with number 397 on it, I pulled my key out of my pocket and opened the door, not wanting to waste another second by being away from my family.

As soon as I walked in, I saw big letters on the wall that spelled out "Welcome Home, Dad!" along with multiple balloons on the floor and even a chocolate cake that was protected by a cover. But the thing that made my heart swell was seeing my beautiful husband laying on the couch asleep with our four-year-old son, Addison, curled up by his feet and our two-year-old daughter, Azealia, protectively held against his chest with his arms wrapped around her, her dark flawless skin standing out against his pale skin. All three of them were asleep.

I smiled at the sight as I silently closed the door behind me. We'd adopted both of our children and we were considering getting surrogates for two more. Little Addison had obviously been our first and he was rowdy just like his daddy. He had no filter and said exactly what he felt, but he was also a sweetheart and playful, exactly like Madison. He'd been abandoned after he was born and Madison instantly gravitated toward him in the adoption center, citing his own abandonment and wanting to help. I didn't argue and Addison instantly became apart of the family. I loved him with all my heart.

When Addison was about two, we decided to adopt again. Azealia was born to African-Italian parents, but her mother died in childbirth and her father committed suicide not too long after, leaving her alone. When we were at the adoption center, the pure hope and joy in her eyes drew me to her and her laugh could make even the most hateful person smile and love again. She was my world. It also helped that she took up after me.

And seeing everyone I loved together like this made my heart swell.

I quietly approached Madison and gently tapped his shoulder. He stirred for a moment but didn't wake up. "Madison, baby it's me," I gently said as I nudged him a bit harder. His eyebrows furrowed before he slowly opened his eyes. Once our eyes locked, the biggest smile grew across his face and he quickly sat up, still making sure that Azealia was secure and not startled.

I smiled. "Hey, babe."

He responded by using his free hand to grip the back of my neck and kiss me, his newly grown facial hair tickling me as our lips gently moved in sync. By the time we separated, I was laughing. "I've waited almost two months to do that," Madison said before he leaned in and kissed me again. "And that." And again. "And that." And again. "And that." I smiled. He was about to go in for another one when I heard a familiar, adorable voice say, "Eww." We both turned to see little Addison now fully awake and rubbing his eyes. Madison even had him dressed in my favorite onesie to see him in.

I grinned before I rushed him and picked him up, spinning him in the air. He laughed and said, "Higher, dad. Higher!" I spun him a few more times before I held him to my chest and we crashed right next to Madison and Azealia on the couch, Addison's laughter filling the air. "I missed you, dad."

I kissed his forehead. "I missed you too, Addison."

"How was the book tour?" Madison asked as he gently rubbed Azealia's back.