XXV. Understanding (edited)

"And do you remember all of the exercises we discussed?" Emma asked as she removed the oxygen tube from my nose.

"Yes," I answered, wanting nothing more than to get out of this hospital and back to Madison's apartment.

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of him," Madison smiled as he laced our fingers together and kissed my cheek.

"I know you will, Madison," Emma laughed as she unclipped my heart rate monitor. "But I need you to remember, Noah, no rough physical activities. You can use creams on your ribs for irritation and pain, but make sure not to wrap them because that restricts their movement and no matter how much they hurt, they need to move, okay?"

"Copy that," I said as I sat up in my bed.

"Good. Well I hope you boys get your justice. If you have any questions feel free to call back. Take your time getting ready to go, there's no rush and I hope you two have a good day."

"Thanks you too," I said.

"Thanks for everything, Dr. Emma," Madison added, causing her to smile.

"No problem," she said before she disappeared out the door.

"I'm so ready to go back home," I sighed as I leaned my head on Madison's shoulder and looked at my clothes that were in my lap and frowned. "But I don't want to move."

"I can help you if you want," Madison slyly stated, gently nudging my head with his shoulder in a suggestive way.

"In your dreams, Williams," I chuckled before I sighed and forced myself to sit up. "How about this, you go bring the car around and by the time your done with that, I should be done."

His eyebrows knitted together and he frowned. "Are you sure about that, Noah? I don't mind waiting."

"I know you don't," I said as I affectionately cupped his cheek. "But if you get distracted by my sexy naked butt, we'll never get out of here."

He laughed, causing me to as well. "I can't argue with that. Your culo (butt) is rather sexy and very distracting. But I just might need a distraction right now."

"Nice try, Madison. But it's not working this time," I laughed causing him to frown.

"You're no fun."

"Not at all," I agreed. "But let's stop wasting time. The sooner we get out of here, the sooner we can get home and cuddle properly."

His lips turned up before he kissed me. "I like the sound of that. I also like the sound of you calling my place home."

For some reason, a blush stained my cheeks, causing his grin to grow before he stood up and made his way to the door. "Call me if you need anything," he called over his shoulder before he disappeared.

I sat in the same spot for a few moments before I forced myself to my feet. I stumbled a bit before I fell back onto the bed. Though I'd walked around a bit during my stay, I'd simply been to weak or too tired to walk around for long periods of time. I took a deep breath before I willed myself up once more, this time using the side of my bed to help me up.

I slowly stripped out of my hospital gown and stepped into my street clothes, thankful to be fully clothed once more. I hadn't liked the feeling of not wearing underwear for so long. I was in the middle of sliding on the sandals the hospital provided me, since I'd arrived in soccer cleats, when there was a knock on the door. "Noah, are you still in there?" Dr. Emma's voice called from the other side of the door.

"Yeah," I answered, my ribs slowly starting to ache.

"Are you dressed? You have a visitor."

My eyebrows furrowed. Why was Connor back? I told him to spend time with Abbi and to not worry about me. The rest of the soccer team wouldn't visit me. Well, Riley and Henry had, but I hadn't expected them to come back.