Chapter 11

Harry

Waking up to the sun streaming through the window and warming my face was the best feeling. I loved the warmth, it always seems to relax me. Getting out of bed, I do a few stretches to shake the sleep from my body.
Before facing the real world, I had a quick shower and changed into some yellow track pants and a white rolling stones shirt, then made some coffee and turned on my phone.
Once powered up my phone just started pinging constantly, I rolled my eyes at the thought of all the messages waiting for my response. I grabbed my coffee then went to sit outside in the sun, soak it in while it lasted.
I scrolled through the alerts that had popped up on the phone screen, mostly from twitter. Some time ago I had become part of some DM groups where fans could message me but there was one group in particular that was always fun and sending me loads of love. I never responded to them but I really appreciated the stories, jokes etc that they sent me. Maybe one day I might just pop in and say ‘Hi”. Smiling to myself as I took another sip of my coffee.

Beeep!

A calendar appointment popped up to say I had a brunch meeting with Jeff and the band today about 11am. Looking at the clock on my phone it told me if I didn’t haul arse now I was going to be late. And I was.
By the time I reached the table, everyone else had arrived. It was nice quiet little brasserie that served loads of different foods. I had been here many times and always enjoyed my time.
“Harry! Finally you are here!” Jeff said loudly from across the table.
I cringed at the attention he had drawn by yelling my name out in the restaurant.
“Yes I’m here. I see you have already started on a alcohol beverage.” I nodded at the drink, which looked like a mojito, in his hand.
Jeff grinned sheepishly. “Yes I’m commiserating. My PA is ditching me to go on tour with Niall, so I have to look for another one.” He said before taking a big swig of his drink.
My heart sank. Lily is leaving...the realisation of this hit me a little harder than I expected. She’s with Niall, I can’t be feeling anything for her..can I?

“Harry? Harry? Earth to Harry?” Clare’s voice interrupted my thoughts. “ Are you okay? You suddenly look like your cat died.” She said looking concerned. Clare, who plays the keyboard and does vocals for my band, is a wonderful person and I love her to pieces.  
I chuckled. “Sorry just thinking.”
“About?” she prodded.
“ It’s nothing. I’m good. Let’s eat, I’m starving.” Replying with a smile for Clare. Still not entirely convinced but letting it go, she shrugged.
“Okay, but I will find out.” She said squinting her eyes at me.
“I don’t doubt that.” Giving her a dazzling grin, then I hid behind a menu that was sitting in front of me. Immediately, my mind started to think about Lily. I missed touching her silky skin, the way her  jet black hair smelled, her pink lips, her taste...STOP!!  A little voice shouted in my head as I looked down at my lap I could see my pants were getting a little tight.  I quickly grabbed the napkin from the table to cover it up and looked up to see a waitress standing next to me ready to take my order, who had also been watching me place the napkin onto my pants. We locked eyes, and her face flushed red as she averted her gaze whilst I grinned sheepishly.
She cleared her voice, “ Are you ready to order sir?” As she turned her attention to her notepad .
“Ah yes, yes I am, thank you “ I replied scanning the menu again.

After a spending a few hours with my friends, I decided to go for a drive to try and clear my thoughts of Lily. I was struggling to wrap my head around how I was feeling for her. No one had affected me quite this way before. Before I knew it, I had arrived out at a farmstead my mum had been staying at which was not too far out of the city. It was your typical white picket fence around a green weatherboard house that had a huge wrap around verandah.  I had stayed with her whilst she was there a few weeks ago but she had left yesterday and made her way back home to Holmes Chapel. As I pulled up I was greeted by the caretakers of the property and their collie dog, Timmy. They were a lovely couple and do anything for you.
I instantly felt refreshed just smelling the air as I walked around the property, taking in the sights.
I took my phone out and decided to call Lily to wish her all the best with her move to go on tour, thinking this was the best way to get past my feelings and just see how things panned out with her and Niall.
“Hey Harry, what can I do for you?” Her smooth voice answered.
“Hey gorgeous! A little birdie told me you are leaving to tour with Niall, you aren’t are you?” I asked, trying to sound bubbly and happy.
“Yes I am but not so sure about the tour thing now”  She replied, voice sounding a little shaky.
“Oh, Why? What happened? You know you can tell me anything.” I asked, feeling a little concerned about how she must be feeling.
There was a few moments silence on the other end which was never good.
“It doesn’t matter I will figure it out. Don’t worry I will be fine.” She said finally, breaking the silence.
“Uh oh, that doesn’t sound good. I’m coming around. Sit tight. Oh and have you eaten? Nevermind I will bring something anyway. See you soon.” I replied.
“No, wait…” I heard as I hung up my phone as I ran to my car and drove to go comfort Lily.
I was leaning up against the frame with dinner bags and a grin on my face as she opened the door.
“Hey” she said trying with a sad smile, her eyes puffy.
I wanted to take her in my arms, pull her in tight and take care of her but needed to find out where things stood with her and Niall.
“Hey gorgeous. Again.” I said as I swished past her into her place.
“You really didn’t need to come over. I’m fine.“  She protested.
“Well  here I am so talk to me.” I requested as I made myself comfortable on her couch.
She sank down beside me then had a big gulp of her wine and burst out everything that happened that day-  with Jeff after handing in her notice, threatening not to give her a reference, and just in general making it a difficult for her. And Niall.
“Jees Jeff’s being a bit mean. I will talk to him, convince him to let you go earlier. Though you are the best PA he’s ever had, I’m sure he has someone already in mind that could be trained up.” I assured her, patting her knee. She looked at me with a tight smile.
“Thank you but you don’t have to do that. Plus I’m not even sure what’s happening now”   She said as she poured some more wine into her glass and taking another swig.
“Why is that? What happen between you and Niall?” I asked concerned and curious at the same time.
Then it was like a dam bursting as her beautiful face fell and tears streamed down her soft skin as she relayed her story in between sobs to me.
Quickly, I pulled her in close to my body, circling my arms around her waist, just holding her.

She moved back from me, locking eyes with mine, our faces inches away, feeling that familiar heat surge through me, and without thinking, our lips were locked in a kiss..