Chapter 23

HARRY

As I waited for Lily to arrive, I decide to check any messages on my phone.

"What the....?!"

I looked up and quickly scan the hallway of the direction I heard the noise from.
Huh, weird. Sure I heard something.

Shrugging, I went back to looking at my phone, there were some tweets on Twitter about Lily sleeping around on Niall. How did they even know? It shouldn't surprise me but it did as to how these people find this stuff out.

As I continued to scroll through the feed, a video someone had posted of a blonde girl pouring drink over Lily's head, then slamming the empty glass on the table in front of her. Shaking my head in disbelief at these acts of people and felt bad for Lily having to deal with such shit.

Lily was a little firecracker when she wanted to be, so I hope she  managed to get her own back on the girl. Not that I would encourage that but being able to stand up for yourself and setting someone straight is always rewarding.
A smile crossed over my lips as I started to imagine the scene with Lily and the girl.
Further down the feed, there were pictures of the same blonde girl talking to Niall, his hand was under hers on the door frame. It looked like she was standing pretty close to him and trying very hard to get his attention. I couldn't quite read the look on Niall's face but it looked like he was being nice but firm with the girl.

Good for you Niall! Haha, smirking.

Upon hearing what sounded like people coming, I quickly shoved my phone back in my jeans pocket, and looked up to see Lily.  A tingley feeling immediately washed over my body, as she moved closer.
She looked good, even with her drink stained shirt, holding hands with a short petite brunette, who I hadn't met before. I had not met any of her friends before so I assumed she was close this one.

"Harry, what the hell are you doing here?" Lily asked, her tone not overly happy about finding me at her door. I had hope for a better reception.

Ignoring the sharpness of her question, I gave her a big smile instead.

"Hi to you too." I said before turning to her friend and offering my hand to shake hers. "I'm Harry. What's your name love?"

Though the girl's face went pink and it looked like she might pass out, she gathered herself quickly and took my hand.
"Hi, I'm Jo." She replied, steadying her voice.
"Nice to meet you Jo." I replied with a smile.
Then glancing back to Lily, as I had felt her eyes burning into my back as I spoke to her friend, she tried to advert her eyes as I caught her but not quick enough.

After a few seconds of silence, Jo's voice interrupts our interlude.

"Ahem, so I'm just going to leave so you two can talk." I heard her voice but my eyes didn't leave Lily's.

"No don't go. Stay." Lily pleaded, turning to her friend, breaking her gaze from mine, grabbing Jo's hands.

Jo hesitated, darting a quick look between me and Lily, then pulled her friend down the hallway a little so I would be out of ear shot and gave her a hug.

LILY

I could feel the panic rising through me at the thought of being left alone with Harry. I wasn't sure I could trust myself, my knees had weakened as soon as I saw him casually leaning up against my door, with a pale powder blue shirt that was unbuttoned to just above the navel, black skinny jeans that were clinging to everything and brown Chelsea boots. Memories of his hands on my flesh, stroking me, his soft lips on mine, my hands sliding over his bare chest suddenly flashing through my mind....I closed my eyes and willed myself to push it down, in an attempt to stop it resurfacing.

Jo gave me a hug and then pulled away, making me open my eyes.

"You'll be fine. But you need to talk to Harry, he deserves a chance and I can tell you have feelings for him too. Maybe you could text Niall to put him off until tomorrow? I'm pretty sure you won't want both of them in the same room." She suggested sensibly.

I released a sigh, she was right. I would have to do something to keep them apart, until this was all settled.

"Okay. Thank you for tonight. Love you bestie." I replied as I held her hand in between mine.

"Love you too. If you need me, call and I will come straight back." Jo said, trying to reassure me. Then she was gone.

HARRY

I watched as Jo disappeared, then Lily turned and slowly moved towards me.

"I didn't think you wanted anything to do with me after what happened." She said, flatly, as she dug her keys out of her bag to unlock the door.

"To be honest, I didn't either but here I am." I replied as I met her piercing green eyes. I shifted from one foot to the other, earlier I had memorised what I was going to say to her but now all of it was slipping away, much like my nerve.

"And?" She prompted, folding her arms across her chest as leant against the door frame.

I tried to hide a smile, as a flashback of seeing her in pyjamas, standing in the doorway in the exact same position, popped into my head. Stop it Harry! Concentrate! I shouted in my head, pushing the images out of my head.

"Ah... sorry. Can I come in so we can talk?"

"You have five minutes. Then you have to go. Niall will be here soon and I don't want a brawl or anything." She warned, turning away.

"Okay, five minutes and I promise I will go. Besides, Niall and I have already had a fight so I think we are good there." I said chuckling, as I crossed the threshold in her place, pushing the door closed behind me.

Suddenly stopping in her tracks, then spinning around to face me, bewildered look on her face.

"What?!"

"Um...Niall didn't tell you?" Cocking my head, thinking that was strange as I thought Niall had already talked with her, and that these 5 minutes would be a little too late....but if she hasn't spoken to Niall or made her choice..maybe...

LILLY

Holy shit! Shit shit shit! I can't believe this, I've ruined their friendship for sure. Grrrrr this all my fault! I knew I shouldn't have slept with Harry. Damm me for falling for his wicked sex appeal and charms! I yelled in my head, as I roughly ran a brush through my hair.

I had excused myself to go quickly freshen up, changing in to a pair of loose grey track pants with the bottoms and a black hoodie that had treat people with kindness printed in rainbow lettering. It wasn't available to the fans as yet but the staff and some of Harry's crew had been offered them to get some feedback.

To be fair though, smiling to myself and pulling the hoodie over my head, Harry could come out with a potato sack with his name or TPWK written in black marker pen and it would be a hit.

Now as I made my way downstairs, still feeling awful that I was the cause of the fight between Niall and Harry. I wasn't sure if I could fix them.

Harry had poured us both a glass of wine and set them on the coffee table, then seated himself at one end of the couch.

I decided to purposely make my way to the armchair opposite the couch, folding my legs underneath me.

"Okay, so let's have it then. Your 5 minutes starts now." I said, as tried to avoid contact with his beautiful emerald eyes.

Harry stared at me, interlocking his long fingers together, then taking a breath, he began to speak.