Chapter 29

Lily

“I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow.” I said, pouting, snuggling in closer against his body.

Niall had managed to take a few hours off so we could spend some time together before he left to go on tour. We were both lying on the couch, had a movie on the TV that we weren’t really watching.
He shifted as his arms wrapped around my waist, moving me on top of him, so our faces were close.

“I know but time will pass quick and you will be with me before you know it.” He said, as he meet my lips with a soft kiss.

Feeling myself melting against him, I returned his kiss. Our tongues start stroking and dancing as our kiss becomes more urgent. Clawing at each others clothing, sitting up trying not break from our latch as we attempt to undress.
Finally we part, Niall moves off the couch to stand in front of me, with our eyes still locked as my hands move down his chest, kissing his torso, to undoing his pants, then slip them down his thighs, freeing his bulge hiding in his boxers.
Lowering my eyes to briefly skim over his lower half, then back to up to his watchful gaze, standing up I pushed down my leggings, then our lips lock together once again, his hand moving down my sides, grazing my nipples with his thumbs, his hands grabbing my cheeks he picked me up and turned to sit down so I straddled him on the couch.
I could feel his excitement press against my heated core,  though it felt so good and it had been so long since we had been together, we also seemed desperate to find a connection between us on every level.

Later, I woke to find Niall still sleeping soundly in my bed. I gently touched his cheek and move out of his clasp, pulled on his shirt, instantly smelling his scent as it drifted past my nose. I paused for a second while I took it in then made my way down stairs.

I poured myself a drink and looked about the room to see clothing strewn everywhere. I smiled as I replayed the event that had unfolded earlier.

Beep Beep!!

I grabbed my phone but there was no message. Frowning I put it down.

Beep Beep!!

Must be Niall’s I thought. I walked over to the table and saw a light flashing on his phone. I picked it up and without thinking I pushed the home button.
Jax: Hi, I have sorted the issue with the venues and even managed to talk them into a few extras ;)  You can thank me later :P

Who the fuck is Jax? And why would she be working with Niall?  
So many questions suddenly running through my head. Feeling a little confused, I placed the phone back on the table and sat on the couch, just staring at the phone.

Niall

As I rolled over, I moved my hand to reach for Lily but found an empty cold space. Opening my eyes, I looked around but couldn't see her. Grabbing my pants, put them on and went downstairs to see Lily on the couch.

“Hey, what are you doing down here all alone?” I asked, walking towards and sitting next to her on the couch, putting my hand on her thigh.

Lily met my gaze, her expression hidden in the dim light.
“Who is Jax?” she asked, her voice tight.
“Jax? How do you know about Jax?” I asked, titling my head.
Leaning towards the table, Lily picked up my phone and showed me the message displaying on the screen from Jax.
“Oooh, right.” I smiled. “She’s my temporary PA, helping out while you finish up your notice with Jeff.”
“Huh, what happened to the other PA?” She asked.
“Are you jealous?” I teased.
“Ah, no I am not jealous.” she replied, shaking her head and shifted uncomfortably.
“Hahha, you are. That’s so sweet.” I said, chuckling, pulling her in close to kiss her lips.
“I am not jealous!” She mumbled into our kiss but eventually gave up protesting and wrapped her arms around me.

*******************

Niall

It was Thursday morning and I had just dropped Lily off at work, kissed her goodbye then drive to the Studio to catch the tour bus. After parking my car, I grabbed my bag out of the back seat and made way over to the bus.

“Hi there boss!” a voice spoke loudly.
I looked up to see Jax bouncing towards me, she had on one of my tour t-shirts with “On the loose” and black skinny jeans. Her hair in a single braid and a big smile on her face.
She looked good.

“Haha, you don’t need to call me that.” I replied, smiling.

“Let me take that for you.” She said, trying to take my bag from me.

“It’s okay, I got it. Besides, you are my PA not my baggage handler.” I assured her.

Climbing on the bus, I dumped my stuff in the room that will home me for most of the tour and then go to find Jax to make sure she is settled in one of the other rooms, not far from me.
But as I rounded the corner, we smack straight into each other, her hands land on my chest and my arms instinctively wrap around her waist as I try to steady us.

“Shit! Sorry...I didn't see you there hhaha.” Jax said, her hands moving over my chest.

I shifted, dropping my arms away to put space between us. Being that close to her set some feelings off inside me. Something I'd only felt with Lily…

“It's fine. Accidents happen. I was just coming to see if you got settled and if there was anything you needed.” I said, still feeling a little awkward.

“Ah, I was just coming to ask you the same. You do remember that I am YOUR PA right?” She laughed, her eyes glistening.

Laughing, I said, “Yes, okay, smarty pants. We should go, I have to give a short pep talk to the crew, is tradition.”

We joined the rest of the crew for a quick meeting before we set off.

“Welcome everyone to my tour. I hope to meet you all at some stage during the next few months on tour. If you have any questions, concerns or problems, please feel free to approach and I will do my best to assist you in any way I can. As most of you know, my previous PA has had to leave to attend to some family matters, so Jax here,” pausing I indicated to Jax who then bowed, “has kindly offered her services to help me temporarily. So please make her feel welcome.”
Everyone applauded and cheered, nodding at Jax who had a grin on her face.

Smiling, I watched proudly as the crew welcomed her to the team.

“Okay, that’s it. Let’s get this show on the road!” I shouted.

Instantly, the crew cheered some more then disbursed to get aboard the buses. Feeling my phone buzz in my pocket, taking it out I could see Lily’s name pop up on my screen.

LILY: Good luck, love you xx

ME: Love you too. And thank you xx

“You look like a bag of mixed emotions.” Jax appearing at my side had made me jump a little, as I slipped my phone back into my pocket, it surprised me how well she knew me.
“Ah, no I’m good. Let’s get this show on the road.” I replied, pushing down any feelings and thoughts trying to surface as I followed her to get on the bus.

This is definitely going to be an interesting few weeks, I thought, just have to keep myself in check as I sat down at the table opposite Jax who gave me a stunning smile.