Chapter 35

Lily

The bonfire was amazing, so was the spot Harry had set up for us. The band were already there, drinking and laughing.

“What’s going on?” Harry asked them, as we made ourselves comfortable on the picnic blanket set up in front of the blaze.

“We are playing ‘Never Have I Ever’ and we just found out that Adam here, has gone commando at one of your shows!” Clare teased, making everyone crack up with laughter again.

Harry rolled his eyes.

“Oh lordy, I really despise that game.” He said, shaking his head at his band mates.

I snorted and he turned to see me trying to hide my laughter at him.

“You’re laughing too?” He said, indignantly.

“I’m sorry but come on, this game is fun! Besides we are amongst friends, it’s a safe space.” I replied, waving my arms at the others. “So we should play!” 

Harry still looked unsure.

“Plus I want to know if there is anything you haven’t done.” I added, wiggling my eyebrows, smirking

He chuckled.

“I’m sure there’s loads of stuff I haven’t done and if you are willing to stick around, I may kiss and tell.” He said, giving me a wink.

I looked away, not wanting him to see my thoughts that were written all over my face.

As the night went on, I found out loads of things about what the band had done either on tour and in their past. Harry, however, had refused to play but joined in the laughter anyway. 

Even he learnt a few things about what the band had been up to.

Every now and then, I would catch him watching me, I tried to avoid locking eyes with him, feeling his heat penetrating my skin, making me quiver involuntarily each time.

As the air cooled, Harry pulled me against him, instantly I felt warm and safe. I couldn’t help but melt against him, and fall asleep.

Next thing I knew, I woke up in my bed.

What the hell?! 

Feeling a movement on the bed, I turned to see Harry propped up on his elbow, fully clothed and smiling at me.

“Hey, what happened? How did I get here?” I asked, confused.

Harry chuckled, as he flipped over onto his back.

“Ah..you fell asleep so with a bit of help from the band, I carried you back and put you to bed.” 

“Shit, I’m sorry, I must have been more tired than I thought, it’s been a really long week.” I replied, apologetically

“It’s fine. You’re cute when you sleep.” He said, smirking.

“Shut up!” I said, slapping his thigh.

“Hahah, right on that note, I should really make my way back to my own bed. Leave you to rest.”

“Or you could stay?” I suggested, words slipped past my lips before I even thought about what I was saying.

Harry tilted his head, considering the idea, but then shook it.

“There would be no sleeping if I was to stay.” 

He got up, came around to my side of the bed, leaned over and kissed me softly on my lips, pressing his forehead to mine, showing the struggle for him to leave me.