Chapter 26

Niall

We sat on the couch, side by side, in silence.

"Look, I can promise you that nothing happened tonight between Harry and I. He just came to talk, that's all." She said, breaking the ice, clutching my hands in hers.

Shaking her free, I turned away in frustration, raking my hands over my face.

"Why? What else does he need to say? He's already made it clear to me that he wants you." My tone coming across slightly accusingly, as I was struggling to hide the frustration I was feeling.

Closing my eyes briefly and took a breath, trying to keep calm as yelling wasn't going to help.

"I came over thinking we could get past this. You said it was a mistake sleeping with Harry but then I see him here with his smug face which now makes me think different." I spat.

A crease formed on her forehead as she looked at me and grabbed my hands once more.

"I am really sorry, I didn't mean I hurt you. Harry wasn't invited here, he just showed up at my door, waiting for me." She said, her eyes full of tears.

"But you did, hurt me." I retorted curtly, snatching my hands away. "How can I trust that it won't happen again?"

"Trust is hard and has to be earned, this I know. All I can do is keep apologising and hope that it's enough for us to get through this together. But at the same time I need to know if there is an us." She replied, searching me with her eyes for any signs of hope.

I could hear the sincerity in her voice but I still wasn't sure she was aware of how much damage she had done to my love for her. I was torn.

"Well?" She asked when I didn't reply.

With slight hesitation, she leant forward, clutched my face, forcing me to meet her eyes. Our faces now quite close, stirring a familiar warmth through my body as her sweet scent filled my nose.

Placing my hands over hers, I pulled them away and held them between mine, not moving my eyes from hers.

"I knew when you first told me about your history with Harry, it was a risk. But I took a chance as you assured me there was nothing going on between you two." I said, fighting the tears I could feel building behind my eyes.

"And there wasn't, still not." She said, correcting me.

"That's debatable" I retorted. "Anyway, I didn't come here to fight with you. I came to find out if you still wanted to be with me." I said, pausing, as a lump formed in my throat. " And if you're in love with...."

"Wait" She said, placing a finger on my soft pink lips, silencing me.

LILY

My heart was pounding heavily in my chest, one of my hands was still sandwiched between his, feeling his warmth. I hoped against hope that he would believe what I said about Harry and me.

I had thought at the time, it was the best idea being upfront about my past with Harry, as they became quite close in One Direction and even after the band went on hiatus.

"Before you say anything more, I need you to know that I do love you and if you feel you need more time to think, I'm okay with that. I want you to be as sure as I am that we can get past this, if you give us a chance." I said, leaning forward, pressing my forehead against his.

Then his strong arms pulled me in, wrapping them around my body. I felt myself melting against him.

After a few seconds, as he released me, I felt doubts flood through my mind as my body sagged when he moved back on the couch.

"I should go." He said, but didn't get up.

"Or you could stay? I mean it's late and we could keep talking. I promise I won't jump you." I said, putting two fingers in the air to express scouts honour.

"Put those fingers away. You never went to scouts" He replied, laughing.

It was a good sound, hearing him laugh.

Both tired after a long talking, crying and hugging, we both crashed in each others arms, in my bed.

Niall

The next morning I awoke to find Lily folded over me, her head on my chest, seemingly content.

We had fallen asleep, fully clothed, after spending hours talking, trying to reconnect again.

I had gone with my heart, as I couldn't bare the thought of not having her in my life until we had at least attempted to work this out.

So I agreed after working out her notice with Jeff, she would then join me on tour. I pushed away the doubts that were still swirling around in the back of my mind, but I pushed them away so I could concentrate on getting us on track once more. Hopefully this will be easier not having Harry around to distract her.

Feeling her stir from her slumber, I smoothed down her hair and kissed the top of her head.

"Hey sleepy head." I said softly, giving her a smile.

"Hey yourself. Did you sleep okay? Oh.."She said suddenly shifting away, realising she had folded her body over mine. "Sorry, I guess I got a little carried away in my sleep."

I laughed at her embarrassment.

"It's fine. I enjoyed you being so close, it was nice." I replied, rolling over onto my side to get a better view of her face.

"Okay, well I'm glad because I missed you not being close." She replied, leaning over to kiss my lips. Returning her kiss, I pulled her back in close, wrapping her legs around mine, feeling her body close against mine was the best thing. I wished we could stay like this forever.

Lily

Our kiss lasted for what seemed like a long time, as our lips locked on to each others, our tongues stroking back and forth, our hands roaming over our bodies. I could feel his hardness as he rubbed it up and down against my thigh. My body responding with a mind of its own, pressing my hard nipples against his chest as he moved to lay on top of me.

I clawed at the fabric that hid his skin I desperately wanted to touch, stroke and kiss everywhere..

There's no holding me back!!

As Niall's phone interrupted our passionate moment, breaking our kiss as he rolled away to grab his phone.

"Crap, I forgot that I have to meet Shawn for breakfast. He wants to go over some possible collab ideas." He said apologising.

"Oh, wow that's cool. You should definitely go." I replied.

"Are you sure? I can reschedule with Shawn, I'm sure he wouldn't mind." He said asked.

"No, it's fine. Go. I have some work stuff to do, Jeff has probably sent me a thousand emails about applicants for my job." I replied, trying to reassure him.

Niall leant over and kissed the top of my head.

"So, I'll see you later? Then we can talk more about the tour and when you join me?" He asked.

"Definitely." I replied, nodding.