Chapter 24

Niall

The car pulled away from the curb and slowly merged into traffic. I laid back, dropping my head on the head rest and closed my eyes.

"I hope you aren't going to sleep there, buddy!" Dylan said, punching me in the arm.

"Ow!" I exclaimed, rubbing his target then scowling at Dylan. "What was that for?"

"Just keeping you awake and your mind clear." He replied with a laugh. Then his expression changed to a look of concern. "On a serious note, have you figured out what you are going to say to Lily?"
I shook my head, as I could feel the mixed emotions stirring inside me.

"Not a clue. I love her, you know? But where do we go from here? Can I trust her? I can't stop going over it in my head. How could she? Why did she do it? Would she do it again? Aaaaargh!" Shouting as I thumped the armrest with my fist.

"Okay, okay calm down. It won't help anyone if you are angry. I understand your pain, but you need to keep yourself in check." Dylan advised, placing a hand on my shoulder.

Nodding in agreement, I took a deep breath then exhaled, making a noise as I let my frustration out. Glancing up at the rear view mirror, I could see my driver watching me from the front, with a concerned look on his face.

"Sorry Steve, didn't mean to cause a ruckus. I'm good." I said, giving him a tight smile and holding my hands up in surrender. Steve gave me a nod and then looked away to continue driving.

Sinking back in my seat, I gave Dylan a side wards glance.
"I should see Lily alone. Steve can drop me off first, and then you back at my place. I will call him to collect me if I need a ride home."
"Are you sure? I can come in for extra support if you want?" He said, looking uncertain that was the best idea.
Turning in my seat, I folded one of my legs underneath the other so I could look at Dylan directly.
"It will be fine, I will be fine." I said as I tried to reassure both of us, meanwhile my stomach was churning.
"As long as you are sure." He shrugged, turning his attention to the night lights whizzing past as Steve directed the car through traffic.

About twenty minutes later, the car came to a halt, we had arrived at Lily's.

Harry

Threading my fingers together, in the hope that it will relax the butterflies in my stomach. I stare at Lily as my lips start to move.
"Firstly, I want to say I'm sorry about what happened at the bar tonight. People seem to think they have a right to interfere and protect us, but you didn't deserve to recieve such spite. It's my fault you are in this situation. I took advantage of you the other night, that was wrong of me. I got swept up in the moment. I'm sorry."
Finally her eyes met mine, her face soften.
"Harry, it's okay. It takes two and I was equally at fault. I should never have let us get carried away." She replied, giving me a smile.

I returned her smile, relaxing a little then continued,

"Secondly, I want you to know I never planned on interrupting what you and Niall had or have. But after having tasted you, I felt different, a constant desire to have more of you. I found myself thinking about you all the time- what were you doing? Were you okay? When would I see you again? I felt lost as these feelings grew stronger and I didn't know what to do. Never have I experienced anything close to my desire for you."
I paused as I watched her face as the reality of what she heard, her mouth parted as her tongue moisten her lips.

"Um...I didn't know you felt like this..I don't know what to say." She said quietly, her eyes glistening.
Now for the important words, Harry. Keep it together. I shouted in my head.
Blowing air through my lips which resemble the sound coming from a horse, as I drop my final words, steadily holding my gaze with her eyes.
"Lily, I'm in love with you."

Lily

"I'm in love with you!" I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, my insides melting as I digested his words. Is this even possible? To have two guys in love with you? Shit! My head was spinning and ready to explode.

I stared at him in disbelief at what I'd heard.
"

Aaahhh..I don't know what to say." Stammering, as my mouth had suddenly become dry, so leaning forward, I grabbed my glass of wine from the table to take a sip. At the same time, Harry knelt down on the floor next to the coffee table that was between us, placing his hand on mine and taking it up to his soft lips, and kissed it. The movement swung my eyes to his, I didn't want to break away, but at the exact moment there was a knock at the door.
Taking my hand from Harry's, I stood up, my eyes darted to the door, panic surged through me at the realisation that Niall was standing on the other side.
I glanced back to Harry.
"You have to go now. Niall's here." I said, trying to keep my voice steady and firm.
Harry looked at me with his beautiful eyes, tears threatening to spill over his silky lashes. He nodded and stood up, moved around the coffee table so he could take my hands, to pull me in close to him. I could feel his hot breath against my face as he parted his lips, grazing my cheek with a kiss.
"I can tell you feel the same even though you haven't said it." He whispered in my ear. "It's okay."
Closing my eyes, his sweet scent filled my nose, I knew what he wanted me to say, my body stirred with desire and longing to be close to him. But I couldn't bring myself to form the words and to say it to him would be unfair to Niall. I needed to know if there was a future for us before I considered anything or anyone else.
"Please, you have to leave. I need to talk to Niall." I said while pushing him away.
Harry glanced at me disappointed but nodded.
"Okay, I'm going. But I need your decision tomorrow. You know I'm all in and I need to know you are too."  He gave me a tight hug then I walked him to the door.

I knew this was not going to be good, Niall seeing Harry on this side of the door when I opened it, so I put myself in between, in the hope that I could defuse the moment before it got out of hand. If that's even possible.