Chapter 25

Niall

I stood at the door for what felt like an eternity, feeling mixed emotions about seeing Lily again. Earlier when I ran into her at the bar, I reacted as though there were no issues between us, touching her face, feeling like there was no one else but us. I raked my fingers through my thick crop of hair, trying to clear so many thoughts jostling around in my brain.

The only sure thing I knew was that I loved her but I needed to know if she felt the same and if we have a future together. Maybe it was what she said 'a mistake' that she slept with Harry and it meant nothing. We can get past that, I can get past it and when we go on tour at the end next week, what happened with Harry will be forgotten.

Taking a breath and exhaling, I knocked on the door.

It opened and Lily appeared, a worried look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I said, tilting my head in confusion, as I pushed it open and Harry came into view. All 6 foot or so of him with a sheepish look on his face. I could feel the anger and frustration surfacing instantly.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I said glaring at him, hands in fist formation.

"Hey Niall." He said in a confident tone. "I just came to see if Lily was okay after her run in at the bar with that girl. It's all over social media. Did you see it? Anyway, I'm leaving now as I've got to meet up with Mitch and the others." He gave Lily a sideways glance and a little smirk.

"Yeah, okay." I said firmly and turned as he stalked past me, following him with my eyes making sure he left.

Once Harry had gone, I turned back to Lily who was nervously folding her hands, staring at me with her big eyes.

My insides softened, as I felt a familiar feeling stirring through my body. Pushing it down and trying to steady my voice for my next question.

"Why was Harry really here?"

"He just came to see if I was okay after what happened at the bar tonight with those girls." She replied in a quiet tone, looking away.

I got the feeling that was not all Harry had said to her or the sole reason why he had come over. It bugged me he had come around to Lily's after we had agreed he would give me time to work through things with her first. But for now I needed to put our friendship aside and get back to what Lily and I have or had.

"Can I come in so we can talk?" I asked.

A relieved look crossed her face.

"Yes please." She breathed out, as I walk in.

Harry

Outside the cool air hit me as I breathed a sigh of relief. Well that was rather awkward, I could have sworn Niall was going to pound my face when I strode past him and Lily in the hallway.

"Oi!"

Looking up I saw Mitch sitting in the back of a car that had pulled up in front of me.

"Hey, mate," He said, raising his bottle of beer. "How did it go? Did she succumb to your charms?"

Smiling, I shook my head and got in, shoving him across the seat.

"You're a dick!" I replied, chuckling. "But for your information, there's still hope and I will find out later." I stopped as I pull out my phone, checking the time. "Today she will have an answer for me."

"Well done mate!" He replied slapping my knee and passed me a bottle of beer.

Laughing I accepting the drink.

About twenty minutes later we arrived at my place, I slipped out of the car and waved goodbye to Mitch. He was off to catch up with Sarah and made me promise to give him an update about the Lily situation later.

Once inside, I decided to have a shower before bed, so made my way to the bathroom, stripping off as I went. I had just pulled off my jeans, standing in my underwear at the entryway of my room, when I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. 

I quickly flipped the light on, my heart started racing as I was unsure if I had imagined it or there was someone there. Scanning the room carefully, I could see the curtain moving then breathed a sigh of relief.

 "Ah shit, I must have the window open." Though I didn't remember doing that. I walked over to shut it and then I looked down to see a pair of ankle boots on the floor.

Hmmm they definitely not mine, wonder how they got here? 

Suddenly the bathroom door opened, I spun around not knowing who or what was going to appear. But to my shock it was a woman, looked about mid twenties, long blonde hair, chocolate eyes. Dressed in dark blue bootleg jeans, and a pale pink knitted v neck top with mid arm length sleeves. She had bangles on both wrists which made a jingling sound as she stepped into my bedroom.

"Ah, who are you and what the hell are you doing in my house?!!" I shouted.

"Hi! Sorry I didn't mean to startle you. I just came by to talk." She replying, in an even voice.

"And you haven't heard of the door? Like a normal person?" I snorted.

Giving a chuckle. "Yeah, sorry but you weren't home so I thought I'd wait."

I folded my arms in front of bare chest and look her in the eyes.

"Right, okay now that you have my attention, start talking. You have five minutes."

"Um, don't you want to put some clothes on first?" She said, gesturing to my semi naked body.

I looked down, my boxers were the only piece of clothing covering me, seemingly to be not doing a good job. The material had shifted a little in the front and show more of outline of my male appendage.

"Ah right, suppose you are right. Meet you in the lounge in two minutes. I assume you know the way?" I replied, as I grabbed a pair of pale yellow track pants and took a TWP t-shirt from my drawers to put on.

Giving me a smirk, she whisked out the door.

After checking myself in the mirror, I walked to the lounge to speak to the mysterious intruder, who was perched on the edge of the couch.

"So explain yourself Miss.... What is your name?" I asked, as sat on the arm of a chair.

She laughed.

"Sorry, my name is Jax, I'm a friend of Niall's."

"Okay, so why are you here?" I asked confused.

"I want to help you win Lily." She replied in a matter of a fact voice.

"Come again?" I said in disbelief, sliding off the arm and onto the seat part of the chair.

"I want to help you win Lily." She repeated.

I scoffed. "She's not a prize that can be won in a game. Anyway, what makes you think I need or want your help? More importantly, what's in it for you?" I said narrowing my eyes suspiciously at her.

She sat back and folded her legs on the seat of the couch. Clearing her throat and she took a breath then looked at me.

"Okay so I have a confession. I have been in love with Niall for a long time and never been able to tell him that."

"Wow, okay. I was not expecting that. Why now?"

"I guess after he came around the other night, all the feelings I had been carrying around surfaced and made me realise I need to do something now." She replied.

***************
Hi lovely readers,

Sorry this chapter has been such a long time coming, I found this one quite difficult, soo many re writes until I got it right.

Please let me know what you think by commenting below 😊

Thank you for your patience 🧡