Chapter 28

Niall

Me: Hey Babe, I’m so sorry but it looks like we have a few issues with the venues for the tour, so I can’t make it. But I promise I will make it up to you. Text you later. Love you, Niall. xx

Lily: It’s fine. I’ve talked Jo into a girls day anyway so no problem. I will hold you to that promise ;) Love you too. Xx

I felt so bad having to cancel on her but these venue issues were unavoidable and it was imperative everything went to plan for my tour.
And unfortunately my new PA, who would normally sort this out, has had a family emergency so it fell on me.
I hated having to play hard ball with these venue people, I just wanted to go play music, enjoy the fans and the atmosphere.

Now I’m sat in a room, with the management team trying to brainstorm ideas and make a plan of attack.
I look at my phone for the 1000th time wondering if inspiration will come to one of us, when the door opens and a figure breezes in with a trolley of coffee and some delicious smelling pastries.

Stopping at the end of the table, she then looked up to meet my eyes, with the biggest grin.
Jax.
I chuckled.

“Refreshments anyone?” She said, looking around at my team.

“Aren’t you a sight for sore eyes! This looks and smells devine. Okay everyone, let’s take a break.” I asked tilting my head.

I waited until the last person had been up to collect something from the trolley before approaching Jax.

“How did you know we were here?” I asked, narrowing my eyes.

“I have my ways.” She said, mischievously, giving me a wink.

Smirking at her, I bet she does, a voice popped into my head.
STOP!
Not really sure where that thought came from.

I folded my arms across my chest to deflect any more thoughts popping in to my head.

“Right. So are you going to tell me who I need to fire for leaking this information?” I asked, stepping a little closer to where she was standing.

She shrugged and diverted her eyes away from mine, as if she was trying to hide something.

“I heard you were having to sort some problems out and I just thought you might need some refreshments.” She replied, nonchalantly. “Plus I would never reveal my sources.”

“Hmpf.” I replied, pouting a little.

Jax turned her body towards me, using her back as a shield from the others in the room, as she shifted closer.

I could smell her perfume, the same one she was wearing the day I visited her at her house and she placed her hand on my thigh…

Shaking my head to clear such ridiculous thoughts, no way Jax would be into me like that. She knows I’m still with Lily.

“However, I did come here with an ulterior motive.” She said, as she searched my face for chance to explain.

“Huh, okay. And that is?” I asked, my stomach churning at all sorts of suggestions or favours to be asked.

“I heard about your PA not being able to go on tour with you, so I thought I would help out and be your PA for a bit. You know, just until Lily finishes her notice and all. I’m sure she will want to step in once she becomes available.” She said, briefly touching my arm with her hand.

I was not expecting . “Um...Well..I do need a PA and that shit takes ages to organise…” I stalled, a hand on my hip and the other raking through my hair then rubbing my neck.

“Good. It’s settled. I can start right away and get up to speed on where your PA left off. And also work out the issues you are having with the venues for tour.” She said, looking pleased with herself.

“Well okay. I have all the papers here for the venues and the highlighted areas are the concerns they have. If you can sort those out then you can fill the position.” I said.

“No problem.” She replied. “Now what can I get you?” She asked, indicating to the trolley that had only a few items left.
“Ah..” I said quickly scanning the food before me. “I will have the potato top pie and one of those yummy looking brownies.”

“Coming right up.” She replied. I watched her as she moved expertly around, collecting my food.

She had on a short sleeved red scoop neck top that just meet the waist of her black jeans, I could still see a slither of skin peeking out. My eyes seem to wander by themselves from her shapely hips to her booted feet.

Before I could divert my eyes, she had turned back to hand me a plate, and my sight landed smack on her boobs.

“Here you go.” She said, not seeming to notice where my eyes had been.

“Um.. Thanks.” I replied, feeling a little awkward and embarrassed making my way back to my chair, putting some distance between us.

To avoid her a bit more, I made a team member give all the details of the problems with the venues to Jax for sorting. Once she left, I was able to distract myself by discussing the rest of the tour details with the team.
I needed to go see Lily before something else happened, and quick.

Harry

“Hello?” I said breathlessly into my phone. I had just finished around of sparing with my trainer. I was definitely in need of a shower, don't get me wrong I love a good workout but some days I would rather get sweaty in another way, if you know what I mean.

“Hey, it’s me Jax.” the voice said.

“What’s up?” I asked, as I flopped down in a nearby chair.

“Just wanted to give you an update on my end. You are now talking to Niall’s new PA.” She said, sounding really excited.

“That was fast. Look at you, squeezing yourself in.” I said, chuckling.

“Thanks. So how are you doing?” She asked.

“I’m doing okay. I’m being subtle and not too pushy.” I replied.

“Good. I’m glad. See I told you, my plan is working already.” She said, confidently.

“We will see, still got a way to go yet.” I said, smiling.

After I hung up, I grabbed my towel and wiped the sweat my face.

“Well, you look like the cat has just about to get the cream.” I heard a voice say.

Looking up to see my trainer smirking at me.
Chuckling, I got up and threw the wet towel at him, catching him in the side of the face.
“Think that's all the training I need for today, I'm gonna hit the showers.”

The water felt good as it rinsed the soap from my tattooed body, as I stood under the shower. Thoughts of Lily coming to my mind, a smirk playing on my lips as I turned the taps off and stepped out, I dry off and pull on clothes.

As I drove home, I started to think about stage 2 of my plan to get Lily back.
This was going to be so much fun, as I chuckled to myself.