Chapter 14

Niall

She took me by surprise that day at the music festival. Already, I could see, there were loads of people outside the venue lining up to get in, and as I did my soundcheck with the band, I spotted her standing off to the side of the stage, on her tip toes, craning her neck to see who was playing. Instantly she made me smile.

Once we were finished, the band started chatting amongst themselves whilst I decided to go talk to her.

"Wow that was amazing!" She gushed, waving her arms about.

I chuckled.

"Okay, that came out a little much. I'm so sorry." She said apologising.

"It's all good" I replied. "Thank you." I patted her on the arm. "What's your name?"

She moved her arm from my hand.

"Ah..Lily. Well you are great and nice to meet you. Um I better go now..." She stammered, turning away, her face flushed. Now that she had my attention, there was no way I could let her get away without knowing more about her.

So I quickly moved, blocking her path. "What's the rush, Lily?" I asked leaning forward, my face so close hers I could smell her scented hair.

"Um no rush I guess. I was just going to drop some files off to Jeff and go home, have some food...I'm sorry I'm babbling.. You can forget I said anything." She said grimacing.

I laughed which made her giggle at herself.

"Come with me, I know a place we can sit down for a bit and get to know each other." I suggested as I looped my arm through hers, at the touch of her skin I could feel a ripple of warmth fire through my body, as I guided her back to my tour bus.

After giving her a quick guide around, we sat down and chatted like we were old friends. A few hours later, it was time for me to get to work.  I was so happy that she decided to stay for the show. After I finished my set, I joined her later for some bad dancing and sing along to the rest of the line up. I enjoyed my time with Lily,  she's fun, witty and beautiful. At the end of the night, I kissed her lightly on the lips, it was magical and the highlight for me. Then I surprising myself, I asked her to meet me for breakfast the next morning, not something I would usually do but she made it so easy. Even more surprising was that she accepted. I couldn't stop smiling at the thought of spending more time with her. I had drifted off to sleep with a smile on my lips that night.

The next day I got to her door with flowers in hand, and she appeared, looking fantastic in a low cut red blouse in the front and ¾ pants.

"Good morning love." Giving her a smile

"Hey." She replied.

"These are for you." I said holding out the flowers.

"Oh daffodils, they're lovely. My favourite too. How did you know?" I asked.

I chuckled, mentally patting myself on the back.

"Just a guess." 

She kissed me gently on the cheek, sending shivers through my body.

She put the flowers on water and we left to go to a diner not far from her house. I had been there a few times and loved the atmosphere there.

We sat down at a corner booth at the back of the diner which gave us a little bit of privacy, not that there were too many people were around. The waitress, dressed in a striped pink shirt and a black skirt, came over to us to take our order. Lily decided on Spanish omelette with mushrooms and sausage, whilst I chose a Hearty Breakfast (this contained- 2 poached eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, sausage & 2 hash browns).

"Shouldn't be too long. I will bring over some coffee in a few minutes." The waitress told us, giving me a smile as she walked away.

"Hungry much?" Lily teased as she raised her eyebrows at me.

I gave her a big grin.

"I told you I was starving" I replied, shrugging. "So tell me more about you." I prodded.

Blushing with the sudden attention. "Ah..what do you want to know?"

I leaned forward so my knee was touching hers under the table, her eyes dropped down as my hand was placed on her thigh, and whispered

"Everything." Using my other hand to raise her chin, making it impossible for her to look away.

A smiled played on her luscious lips that reached her eyes. She was starting to relax which made me happy and hopeful that this could be the start of something.

The waitress came back with the coffee and placed a cup in front of us. "Can I just say that you make a very cute couple." She gave us a big grin and a wink then walked away.

I chuckled and Lily reddened.

We chatted for about half an hour, when the waitress brought our food over to the table. The food was so yummy as to be expected.

"Oh my gosh, this is sooooo good!" Lily exclaimed. "I'm in heaven. Thank you for bringing me here. I never even knew this place existed."

"Maybe we can make it a regular thing, if you'll let me" I murmured, moving my hand back up her thigh. I must have shocked her as her fork, loaded with egg, slipped from her hand and clanged to her plate.

"Erm..I need some water." She breathed. So I hopped up to get some, barely able to wipe the grin from my face as to what had just happened. I gave her a glass of water which she drank really quickly.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm okay, you just caught me off guard." She said, trying to assure me. I placed my hand on her shoulder, apologetically.

Once we were finished, I suggested a stroll around the nearby park would be called for after having such a large breakfast. I paid the bill and we ordered some more coffee to go.

As we were leaving, I could see some fans outside the diner, screaming and yelling for pictures.  I loved meeting my fans, taking pictures and listening to their stories, but today was different. I had Lily with me.  My security team who had been waiting for us outside, held them back as we  stepped through the door, I signalled one of my guys to shield Lily from the fans.  But before I moved forward to fulfil the fans requests,  I reached behind and squeezed her hand as if to say "Don't go far, I will be back".

.